Quicksilver did it to me too…

Unfortunate for him, I think, if he truly doesn’t know what is going on in his company. Here is the email he wrote from, in case anyone with direct experience wants to enlighten him:
quicksilver2003@cfl.rr.com

6 Likes

That tone matches the responses to the reviews reporting poor service.

I received the email as well and couldn’t decide what to do with it. Thanks for providing me guidance.

7 Likes

I would guess that signature begins with the letter G?

Funny, when they called and increased my price (see excuses above- plane was an hour change and they said they had to change the size of the vehicle and of course at today’s rate not your booking rate) and after I refused they sent me an email “ Reservation below has been cancelled per your request.”

Oh! I am sure I am not the only one that was dealing directly with the owner of the company and in 2021 I worked with him to arrange transportation with multiple pick ups and drop offs for parties arriving/leaving on different days and he was wonderful. Things change……

3 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

That just further cements my negative impression of them now.

6 Likes

Wow! That response! Totally unprofessional! The people here DID NOT lie about their extortion experiences with QS, I fairly sure of that. So this is what QS has become, an company managed by immature, greedy, emotional brats.

9 Likes

This is where this guy is ticking people off. His customers are told they will pay a $50 fee for modifying their reservation. But apparently he has no capacity for modifying anything and instead has to start a new booking at current rates.
And the way that this guy’s rates have gone through the roof, this is not an insignificant increase.

In addition, customers are told that the vehicle they booked might have to be changed but they are not told that this will involve any additional fee.

4 Likes

Sadly if you read the reviews going way back, he’s always been this way. I was shocked to see it, but it’s true. Definitely is not grace under pressure and is not receptive to negative feedback.

6 Likes

When I booked they said they would monitor my flight. They did not say that the price would double if my flight got in early/late. That email response refers to a 30 minute change. That was not in any of their materials in 2021. Is it now?

Honestly, there are much cheaper companies these days.

3 Likes

I only started looking at transport as of our Dec 2020 trip bc we mostly always driven or used MDE. I checked options last time but opted for Lyft. I saw neg reviews then and that couldn’t have been bc of the transport situation we are seeing today, come to think about it.

1 Like

Yeah the ones I’m thinking of go way back - much further back than 2020. It’s interesting to read them. Sad.

2 Likes

These are very cute! Wonder what the inside looks like… off to Google

2 Likes

OMG, they are all over and all different colors too. I think they are trying to compete/replace the feel ME. I like seeing them about, better than the plain ol’ Mear’s buses.

3 Likes

A nice coach bus

2 Likes

Totally.
His “customers aren’t right” approach is not only horrific, but to put it in print is stunningly childish.
Bet it feels nice to vent. Not sure if it’s worth losing future business.

7 Likes

I read they have train movies/cartoons on the monitors

2 Likes

@TheSafetyLady used that service on her last trip. They definitely look cute!

2 Likes

We had originally booked with Quicksilver based on positive reviews here. After reading about Liners with bad experiences and reading the owners responses on google reviews (yikes), we cancelled. Based on recommendations from others on a Disney FB group I follow, I booked with Mercado Transportation https://www.mercadotransportation.com I booked online and followed up with them on the phone. The rate was $218 (Quicksilver had quoted $349) round trip for a SUV. The guy was very nice and I’m hoping it works out, their reviews online are all pretty positive.

2 Likes

As a business owner, and quite frankly as a human, so much of this response from Quicksilver bothers me. So let’s just say that they have a policy about flight changes greater than 30 minutes, and let’s say that they are upfront about the fact that such changes may incur an additional fee. Fine. The buyer is aware. However, just because you can do something, does not mean you should. It’s a crap thing to do and poor customer service no matter how you slice it.

7 Likes

And the delivery of said messaging matters tremendously. I just cannot even believe his tone! I would be fired if I spoke with people like that and I’m sure anyone would be!

11 Likes