Quicksilver did it to me too…

Most ppl would be fired for this tone, but isn’t’ this the owner; worse.

2 Likes

The more I think about this I think you should post this on Google reviews along with a picture of the email. It’s just unacceptable and people need to know, especially is all the reviews are positive.

6 Likes

I bet he would fire his people though!

2 Likes

Any minute now I’m going to let this go and move on because the negative energy is not healthy for my wellbeing. But first – the flight changing times, as they do, are not the individuals mistake nor a change they decided to make themself. It’s bullshit that the company does not have the ability to manage their fleet in a way to accommodate an industry that is known for its last minute changes.

12 Likes

That’s spot on

2 Likes

Let’s not forget they doubled the price for someone because they didn’t have the van that was booked. That liner made no changes at all.

10 Likes

what?! I can’t even. I have so many bad words not being typed right now. Putting myself in time out. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Honestly I think it’s the response and attitude that bothers me the most. I’ve sent negitive experience emails to business owners and the appropriate response is, we are so sorry about your negitive blah, blah, blah. It is stated here, here and here. We will look into making this info more transparent. We appriciate your business and feed back on what changes you would need to continue using our services in the future.

8 Likes

Hi all, I was definitely a victim to Quicksilver’s price hike. I partly shared before but here is the full story…

My agreement was for an 8:30 pm return flight with a pick up time at 5:15 pm. The price was $170 round trip for a van.

I emailed them when I received an email from Southwest that my 8:30pm flight was moved to 6:50. I asked to reschedule the flight (in May, which was over 3 months away at the time).

I immediately got a call that QS could cancel my reservation and book a new reservation for the same van. He said that he couldn’t modify an existing reservation since prices had increased since I originally booked. So I guess in theory they could modify if the price is the same at the time of modification as it was at booking. The new price was $295. That is an increase of $125.

Here is the language from the agreement/contract around rescheduling as of 12/28/21:

A $50.00 fee will be charged to reschedule your arrival and/or the return portion (or middle legs) if we are not advised at least 36 hours before the prescheduled pick-up time.

Rescheduled trips must occur after 36 hours of notice and are subject to availability. If a vehicle is not available for the new requested date/time, there will be no refunds.

We strongly suggest you check your flight schedule with your airline at least 48hours prior to your arrival, and departure, flight time.

All pick-ups are prescheduled and subject to change. You’ll be advised if a time change becomes necessary.

If you’d like to make any changes, please do so by calling our office. Changes made with our drivers, and not called in, might not get included in our system.

Vehicle reserved could be changed if it becomes necessary (i.e., break downs, heavy traffic, delayed flights, etc.).

3 Likes

Ok that makes it seem like there isn’t even a fee to reschedule unless you don’t provide a 36+ notice of the change.

4 Likes

Just as a reference point

8 Likes

The whole thing is so poorly worded, but this in particular is bad. It basically says that won’t refund you if they don’t have a vehicle available for you.

The poor wording alone is enough to convince not to trust them.

7 Likes

The whole thing is silly since you don’t pay until they pick you up. I don’t think they have ever had anything other than my name, email, and cell phone number.

1 Like

You don’t have to guarantee with a cc?

Nope

1 Like

This is what is currently on their website. The rates are NOT the same as their rate chart.

4 Likes

Yeah someone could take them to the cleaners if they wanted to with that mess and all this multitude of hirror stories.

2 Likes

That is why they call to increase the rate and then send the emails that claim that it was our decision to cancel.

3 Likes

Yeah…

I would highly encourage everyone QS attempted to rip off to contact the BBB. This is fraudulent business practices and price gouging.

3 Likes

I was confirmed on December 9, 2021 for a February 20th pick up. They called me on February 15th after I told them about the flight departing earlier (same flight).