Quicksilver did it to me too…

Let’s not forget they doubled the price for someone because they didn’t have the van that was booked. That liner made no changes at all.

10 Likes

what?! I can’t even. I have so many bad words not being typed right now. Putting myself in time out. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Honestly I think it’s the response and attitude that bothers me the most. I’ve sent negitive experience emails to business owners and the appropriate response is, we are so sorry about your negitive blah, blah, blah. It is stated here, here and here. We will look into making this info more transparent. We appriciate your business and feed back on what changes you would need to continue using our services in the future.

8 Likes

Hi all, I was definitely a victim to Quicksilver’s price hike. I partly shared before but here is the full story…

My agreement was for an 8:30 pm return flight with a pick up time at 5:15 pm. The price was $170 round trip for a van.

I emailed them when I received an email from Southwest that my 8:30pm flight was moved to 6:50. I asked to reschedule the flight (in May, which was over 3 months away at the time).

I immediately got a call that QS could cancel my reservation and book a new reservation for the same van. He said that he couldn’t modify an existing reservation since prices had increased since I originally booked. So I guess in theory they could modify if the price is the same at the time of modification as it was at booking. The new price was $295. That is an increase of $125.

Here is the language from the agreement/contract around rescheduling as of 12/28/21:

A $50.00 fee will be charged to reschedule your arrival and/or the return portion (or middle legs) if we are not advised at least 36 hours before the prescheduled pick-up time.

Rescheduled trips must occur after 36 hours of notice and are subject to availability. If a vehicle is not available for the new requested date/time, there will be no refunds.

We strongly suggest you check your flight schedule with your airline at least 48hours prior to your arrival, and departure, flight time.

All pick-ups are prescheduled and subject to change. You’ll be advised if a time change becomes necessary.

If you’d like to make any changes, please do so by calling our office. Changes made with our drivers, and not called in, might not get included in our system.

Vehicle reserved could be changed if it becomes necessary (i.e., break downs, heavy traffic, delayed flights, etc.).

3 Likes

Ok that makes it seem like there isn’t even a fee to reschedule unless you don’t provide a 36+ notice of the change.

4 Likes

Just as a reference point

8 Likes

The whole thing is so poorly worded, but this in particular is bad. It basically says that won’t refund you if they don’t have a vehicle available for you.

The poor wording alone is enough to convince not to trust them.

7 Likes

The whole thing is silly since you don’t pay until they pick you up. I don’t think they have ever had anything other than my name, email, and cell phone number.

1 Like

You don’t have to guarantee with a cc?

Nope

1 Like

This is what is currently on their website. The rates are NOT the same as their rate chart.

4 Likes

Yeah someone could take them to the cleaners if they wanted to with that mess and all this multitude of hirror stories.

2 Likes

That is why they call to increase the rate and then send the emails that claim that it was our decision to cancel.

3 Likes

Yeah…

I would highly encourage everyone QS attempted to rip off to contact the BBB. This is fraudulent business practices and price gouging.

3 Likes

I was confirmed on December 9, 2021 for a February 20th pick up. They called me on February 15th after I told them about the flight departing earlier (same flight).

I’m still curious what would have happened if you hadn’t called to update them.

2 Likes

A few thoughts -

Reading some of the old, old reviews, there are clearly some customers who are complaining abiut some things that might have been thier fault. But even then, his response is completely out of proportion and rude. I know how to read a travel review and think, " yeah, this doesn’t change my opinion, you and I approach things differently". But when I read a vendor reaponding the way he does, I think, “yeah, you’re an asshole and you arent getting my business.”

That said, the reports of the last year have gotten completely out of control. But he still approaches them as if they are the same. And maybe in his head they are, but then he may need to rethink his business. At a minmum the wording on his sight.

Finally, as proof that he does not listen to what people are saying, you clearly heard bad reports from soneone you knew! So his response is to call them a liar? Tell you that you should take his word over theirs because “some people” just like to complain? (through their tears as they are left stranded).

7 Likes

For those interested, here’s what the subscriber email said. It indicates that they have clearly gotten too big for their britches:

Hello everyone,

It has been 3 long months since our last newsletter was sent. We apologize for the disappearance. Since the end of last year, we have been extremely busy due to the higher volume of travel, but mainly due to the end of Magical Express.

We have also, as so many businesses throughout the US, been understaffed and also unable to replenish our fleet as it was pre-pandemic. We have been working diligently and are slowly getting back on track, hiring new agents, new drivers, and new office staff. Unfortunately we have not been able to accept all reservations that have been placed, as we do not overbook and have to be sure we maintain our service at the higher levels it has always been since 2001.

Below are our special discounts and promotions. Be sure to use the discount code when booking your reservation online. Please do keep in mind though, we are experiencing a great volume of reservations, and space is extremely limited. Not all reservation confirmed will be able to have the discount applied.

To guarantee availability, we recommend booking your transfers with us as soon as your flights and hotel/resort are confirmed.

Thank you for the years of patronage and I hope to see you all back here soon.

Best regards to all,

4 Likes

Disney created an opportunity for Disney transportation companies to increase their business or for new companies to swoop in and get a piece of the pie. This should create a more competitive environment over time and only the good ones will truly thrive. Longevity in business is not a gaurentee for future success if you can not adapt to new environments. I’m personally looking at the Sunshine Flyer. How cool will it be for little kids to go to Disney in a “train”!

7 Likes

Yes, I received this yesterday. “ Not all reservation confirmed will be able to have the discount applied.” Interesting is t it? Is that discount on the $140 on their FAQs or the $205 on their rate chart?

By everything they posted they could have maybe increased my rate from $150 to $200. They quoted me $290 and $305?

Florida Towncar charged me $115.

7 Likes