Quick New Job Trip Report!

So now I’m definitely planning on doing the virtual line thing at Gideons? Cuz OMG …thanks for the pics they will lead to a very worthwhile inch around my middle but looks worth it. And I don’t think it looks like too much chocolate but I will admit that I’m either in the mood for chocolate or not and I too will more often choose chocolate-less desserts.

1 Like

There will be no shortage of them, so glad to hear it!

1 Like

If you’re going to DS, it was super easy to just join the virtual queue and then could just head over when you’re called. It was way more convenient than having to wait in an actual long physical line!

I should have prefaced my original post with the qualification that I’m not a big chocolate chip cookie fan in general. I do agree that I usually don’t really go for many chocolate-y desserts. I’m actually one of those crazy people who prefers white chocolate, blasphemous as it is.

It’s not even chocolate!! As I’m sure you’ve heard before :joy:

4 Likes

Literally so I don’t get what the heck the difference is in say ice cream flavors from vanilla to white chocolate? Lol. I think less vanilla flavoring?

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever had white chocolate ice cream. Why would you?!

2 Likes

I love chocolate but honestly probably 4 times out 5 I eat dessert it does not have chocolate. I prefer strawberries and cream or key lime pie or just a classic glazed donut or a frosted sugar cookie most times. But we’ll get a variety and that cookies and cream thing looked amazing too. We have dinner at Homecomin’ our first day so we’ll join the virtual line first and eat dinner and get the cookies to go for our breakfasts the next couple of days! I don’t think there’s much different between a cookie or a donut or a muffin for breakfast and don’t they sell breakfast cookies. I think this is perfectly reasonable. ;-).

4 Likes

It’s my best friend’s favorite flavor! It does taste different than vanilla but I get what’s called “Mexican Vanilla” at our local ice cream shop and imho the best ice cream I’ve ever had, Amy’s Ice Cream in Austin, TX. The Mexican vanilla is much stronger than normal vanilla so that may be why it’s so different.

1 Like

Hahah I do know, and maybe that says everything about my general feelings about chocolate.

1 Like

We left the Dolphin around 9:45 and it was a quick walk over along the YC/BC path. Got to the line for temp and security screening at about 9:55. Not too bad of a line and luckily we are in the section in the shade and with a fan because it is scorching hot already.

Plan is to head to FEA, then Soarin, then the Mexico pavilion.

Wearing flower masks today in honor of F&G

14 Likes

Opened temp check at 10:09. We we through the gates by 10:12 including an extra security check on my bag which also happened at DS. I’m gonna assume it’s because they think it’s cute and want a closer look.

14 Likes

Don’t worry! I’ll be back for you R&C

4 Likes

Complete walk on for FEA

8 Likes

It is cute!

2 Likes

Those ears are fabulous!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

Love the bag! Perfect for today.

Also thanks for answering my question on milk. I am pretty sure that is a good business decision. I will have to just take the cookies back to my hotel room to enjoy with my milk!

3 Likes

Soarin was a posted 20 and we waited 15. FINALLY got B and can’t believe what a big difference it makes.

Now we are gonna try and grab some cinnamon roll bites before Mexico. I’m done power walking for the day so time to stroll.

7 Likes

Made a pit stop at Sunshine Griddle for a little brunch. Line was long but moved quickly. Cinnamon roll bites were really good. Bacon was a nice touch, but you don’t lose anything if you go vegetarian route without them. Also got the Froot Loops shake which tasted like cereal milk and was surprisingly tasty. DF got the shrimp and grits and it was a good value with a hearty serving of grits and four big shrimp. I thought it was seasoned well.

11 Likes