Quick New Job Trip Report!

I accepted a new job offer and start Monday. I went ahead and took time off between old and new…and what better way to spend it than to head down to WDW for a couple of days?!

This will be a short visit, with just one park day. My friend (DF) and I will be staying at the Dolphin and check in tomorrow. General plan is to drive down tomorrow, grab dinner at a resort somewhere. We will spend some time at the pool Friday before heading to DS in the afternoon to do some bar and restaurant hopping. Saturday will be our one park day and we will be eating and drinking our way around Epcot. Saturday we will do brunch at DS and I’ll get on the road back home to Charleston around midday.

On the agenda today is getting packed but also get my second Moderna shot. Would not have planned to do that the day before a 6 hour drive and Disney, but you take an appointment whenever you can get one.

I’ll be trying to do a mostly live trip report again, hopefully can give an idea of what a trip is like when you can’t really avoid the crowds at DS and weekend Epcot.

22 Likes

Oh oof—yay for the vaccine, but fingers crossed it doesn’t hit you too hard!

4 Likes

Congrats on the new job and great way to celebrate!!

1 Like

Congrats on the new job! I really hope you have no side effects.

4 Likes

Well, woke up in the middle of the night with chills and today every part of my body hurts…but I’ll take this over fatigue! Hopefully I feel better today but may call an audible and take a nap when I get to the Dolphin instead of trying to get a drink at Geyser Point while waiting for my friend to arrive. We will see! Luckily tomorrow’s mostly a relaxation day too.

But in the meantime, have hit the road in Charleston. It’s about a six and a half hour drive and not the most fun thing to do solo but I’ve got audiobooks ready to go.

Heading over the bridge to Charleston

19 Likes

Have fun! 6.5 hrs will pass so quickly when you have magic awaiting you!

2 Likes

Oof. Make sure to pull over and grab a quick nap at a rest stop or whatnot if you need it!

4 Likes

Making great time and also feeling much better already!

15 Likes

Home!

15 Likes

Got checked into the Dolphin. There’s a conference of some kind (hadn’t realized those had started back up again!) and mask compliance by the attendees is awful. There’s a clear distinction in usage by general guests and the conference folks. Someone in the elevator said it ends today, so hopefully most will be checked out by tomorrow.

DF should arrive around 6, so just going to get settled into the room while I wait for him. We’ve got an ADR for Olivia’s tonight, so may hit up Gurgling Suitcase beforehand.

Also, I feel like there was a discussion on here or Chat recently about bed sizes at the Swolphin. I stayed at Swan at my last trip in September and that was a Queen. But the beds here in the Dolphin are definitely smaller.

3 Likes

Walked around OKW a bit before checking in for dinner. Totally forgot about the temp check and I came in a little high. Got pretty nervous that I might actually be running a fever as a vaccine side effect and be in trouble, but I was cleared on the second check.

We are seated inside and I realized that Disney is the only place I’ve eaten indoors in over a year!

9 Likes

I went with the Southernmost Buttermilk Chicken which was excellent and DF went with the Catch of the Day which was a mahi mahi and wasn’t bad but the mango topping was a little strong.

Also officially kicked off with our first cocktails of the trip. I got the Pina Colava which is something I usually get at the pool bar, but since we are at the Dolphin figured I’d get one while I can.

8 Likes

That drink looks incredible!!!

1 Like

Really good, but really sweet. If you like frozen rum drinks, especially raspberry though, it’s definitely worth a try.

3 Likes

I love rum!!!

1 Like

Gorgeous pics! I totally forgot to get a pina colava last trip.

1 Like

This morning we are grabbing some breakfast and walking around the Boardwalk before spending some time at the pool.

8 Likes

Posted up at the Grotto pool. Arrived at 10 and there’s very low crowds and still tons of chairs.

It’s warm today, so feels great to be poolside.

7 Likes

Swolphin does mobile ordering from the pool bar with delivery to your chair, but it was an hour turnaround so we just walked up to get our daiquiris ourselves.

9 Likes

It is important to stay hydrated :beers::laughing:

7 Likes