Purely For the Sake Of Research: A Solo Trip Report

Huh. I was just going for a dumb name, wasn’t expecting it to be applicable. Whattaya know. Imma genius.

2 Likes

I expected to plump up when I was there in March, esp with Garden festival food booths. No weight gain with 20K-ish steps per day. Love you, Disney World!

ETA and that was WITH @Randall1028 's Tonga Toast on the Beach inspired breakfast.

@OBNurseNH is there a poll for whether you should do that, or are we running out of time for this trip?

6 Likes

I did not puke on the ride. I most definitely puked after the ride and I swear when I think about it now I can almost feel like I’m spinning.
My DH, who had only been to Disney once as a kid before we started dating, just asked a couple of months ago what mission space was and why I’d never mentioned it.
Because it’s pure torture but knock yourself out dude… :flushed:

5 Likes

Tongue a toast to go? Definitely not gonna have time for that. That’s a June trip kind of thing

3 Likes

I think Randall’s AC is dogging you, girl :slight_smile:

6 Likes

17 Likes

So cool!!!

OK excellent! Now apparently Stargate lights up at night! Did we know that?

12 Likes

Looks like chevron 1 is locked and in place. :rofl:
(Stargate joke for all you non sci fi geeks.)

11 Likes

“Bonsaiiiiiiii!”

11 Likes

Is that the ice cream maker?!

I’m hoping to see it somewhere on Batuu

Can I be Sven?

7 Likes

Orange. I’m going to try Green next time. Hoping it’s a 1! Anyone get motion sick on Green?

1 Like

12 Likes

Not really, and I have a pretty similar “inside out” scale that you do.

1 Like

FJ wrecks me, but it’s another I force myself to go on for themeing.

You know? I’m not very nice to myself.

3 Likes

I would rate these attractions in the inverse order as you! Ha ha. Soarin is my favorite, followed by MFSR and FoP. Star Tours is worth riding once per trip. I won’t do FJ ever again. (That said, I heard they redid some things since the last time I rode it in 2015. So I may have to try it again … but I’m hesitant.)

2 Likes

Yes, but - I think that was mostly a panic attack from claustrophobia. (Fun fact: I did not know I was claustrophobic until they clicked that pod shut.) :flushed:

4 Likes

Several people messaged me about motion sickness pills both over and behind the counter.

I was also looking at motion sickness bands. But I think the winner is just Less Drowsy Dramamine. I will not let whatever motion of the ocean I got going on in my ears stop me from having ALL the fun!

2 Likes

TWSS (? :thinking:)

8 Likes