Price Increases

Yeah I refuse. I’m not spending over 6 hours for a 2h 20 minute flight. I will pay more for the convenience. And this is why AA is so expensive. They know you don’t have any other option other than limited Frontier flights from PHL.

2 Likes

Right now SW had 10×points on gas and $5 on Amazon and Restaurants.

Once that is over I am closing my card. If I decide I want it again it will be nice to get the companion fare. I meed to put all my spending on Alaska right now because of multiple trips out west next year. But it is disappointing SW is less attractive than they used to be.

1 Like

Exactly. Cue Genie+ sucker as well.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

And absolutely you should spend that money however you want. And if that includes visiting Scotland then I foresee another Liner meet.

4 Likes

Only if you full price :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me that hockey is awesome…

Might be time for me to go to another Devils/Canadiens game and embarrass the Devils fans by outcheering them. Haven’t been since Covid.

1 Like

We still have 3 or 4 non stops flights. They are about 1 hr long. I would totally quit flying SW if I had to connect.

1 Like

I hate the Devils!

1 Like

I got Burberry perfume for Christmas probably twenty years ago and a similar bear was included. The perfume was not $200.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your loss @PT. sending hugs to you!

4 Likes

I think that’s the point. Burberry’s stuff may not win any beauty contests, but it’s nigh-indestructible. I had a friend lend me their 10+ year old Burberry trenchcoat bc I was caught in the rain, and it was in fantastic shape. Then he offered to let me keep it, of course I refused, no way I can accept that.

1 Like

The point is to be ugly?

1 Like

Not quite: more like deliberately unfashionable, to the point where people notice. Combine that with uber-durability and you have… Burberry :slight_smile:

I find my Burberry rain coat to be quite attractive. I don’t understand how someone could think it wasn’t, unless you just didn’t like the rain coat shape. Before I bought it, I wore a London Fog rain coat that my parent’s bought for me at Costco when I was a teen. It was the same shape but cheaper materials and therefore didn’t look nearly as nice.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s deliberately unfashionable, sometimes it’s very fashionable. But the bear is ugly.

I was talking about the teddy bear.

2 Likes

I like the look of Burberry

I will never pay that kind of money for anything they sell though

I’m cheap and I don’t care much about fashionable things

2 Likes

Burberry is a very good example of a Veblen good, which is to say a luxury item for which demand increases as its price increases. What we called in simpler times status symbols.

1 Like

Luxury brands seem to fall into two classes.

Some are expensive because they are genuinely better: the materials, the craftsmanship and so on. And, sure, they may carry an additional status premium but there is still some underlying quality that cheaper competitors don’t match.

And some are expensive because people are idiots. Burberry’s website seems full of this category. Ridiculously overpriced items that clearly are not of demonstrably higher quality. (I’m referring to items like the teddy bear, rather than the clothes, which might be terrific.)

3 Likes

Remember this? Singlehanded putting large numbers of the British public off ever buying anything Burberry :joy:

5 Likes