Price Increases

8 Likes

They are really taking the piss now. But if people keep going they’ll keep increasing prices.

11 Likes

Sucks but expected. We are going to go all out on our June trip but that’s because I don’t plan on returning for awhile.

6 Likes

From Chapek’s mouth to God’s ears:

It’s all up to the consumer. If consumer demand keeps up, we’ll act accordingly. If we see a softening, which we don’t think we’re going to see, then we can act accordingly as well.

See also: the beatings will continue until (guest spending declines).

15 Likes

Meanwhile, Disney refuses to give the CM’s the raise they asked for, because of course they did.

10 Likes

I feel dirty using G+ now, but what am I supposed to do with 1 day in HS? Wait in 80 min lines, miss stuff, and be upset? This sucks.

14 Likes

I hear ya, bud.

I think, actually, that this announcement may have the effect they are supposedly going for, which is that fewer people will buy it every day. People will look at this and think - which of my days is it most critical to use this advantage?

A one-off to make your single HS day stellar? Reasonable, especially on a short trip. Buying it every single day of your 10 day visit? Dirty.

14 Likes

This sounds right but won’t have the effect they want. Everyone will save it for HS and no one will use it for AK. Since it is the same price.

The DLR pricing is having the opposite effect on me. I was going to purchase it same day, but with variable pricing for day or purchasing, and me going the week before Easter, no way I am risking that.

9 Likes

I think it may discourage frequent visitors from using it at all as well. Like, if you’ve ridden Rise and Slinky a dozen times already then are you going to pay $22 per person to not have to wait in line to ride them on your next trip?

6 Likes

Are they doing variable pricing at DL too? I just thought the article said WDW, but I didn’t read that closely. It’s already more expensive at DL. Best perk of the Magic Key is getting a slight discount on Genie!

1 Like

Never mind, I just saw the other thread! Yikes!

2 Likes

They’ve got to hit a breaking point soon, right? I can’t be the only one who used to go 5-6 times a year and this year, reduced it to a single day at Epcot so I can experience GOTG? And I’m staying over at Universal on my AP discount instead of my normal Deluxe stay at Disney.

8 Likes

This is what is really bugging me today :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

I don’t know what they asked for, but I thought I recalled reading that Disney now pays (due to staffing shortages coming out of COVID) the same as Universal, when before they used to pay less. Not sure if that is still the case.

3 Likes

I believe it was like $5 over 3 years, plus a few things like 40-hour guarantees and access to benefits. Disney countered with $1/year for 5 years and no to everything else. No contract, and they extended until the end of the month.

1 Like

Yes - it would make more sense to charge different pricices depending on the park but I guess that would make hopping logistics tough.

2 Likes

This. I am looking at my trip at the end of the month much more closely now. Prob will just use ILL and skip Frozen, Soarin, Navi and RD KS.
Also, party ticket is now same cost OR LESS than a day ticket plus genie plus plus ILL. So expect party ticket prices to keep climbing.

6 Likes

The 2021 wage increase at both UOR and WDW increased their minimum starting wage from $13 to $15, which really just complies with the new FL minimum wage a few years early.

6 Likes

I have, for the first time in as long as I can remember, ZERO trips currently actively booked and planned

We hit our wall due to ticket prices. Going forward we have plans to do one trip every year or so of a long duration and that’s the end of that.

6 Likes

Until Chapek And Friends stops taking bonuses and raises, living lavish lifestyles, and pay their teams a living wage, they aren’t paying enough.

9 Likes