Price Increases

Same. I told my sister I’m not doing another full price ticket trip. We’ll go with military hoppers or not at all until APs come back, anyway.

3 Likes

I originally saw it through Scott Gunston’s tweets, but the screenshots now seem to show that day-of at DLR “starts at $25”. There is so much G+ capacity I’m not sure why they would raise the barrier to entry. I wish they would allow people to get more than one LL per ride per day…

3 Likes

I think this may be in preparation for what is expected to be a very busy holiday season, and also another “let’s see how far we can ride this money train” operation. On one hand, for mildly busy days (like a cl7) having fewer people using LL will improve the experience for those who do, but on the other hand, when you get into the heaviest of holiday and spring break crowds I think most people would expect massive crowds and would pay whatever the charge so I don’t see the capacity relief being there when they’d need it most.

4 Likes

So, I got a note that Disneyland ticket prices have increased. Not WDW yet, though? Are there WDW rumors?

I’ve been holding off on adding a WDW trip to our Universal trip, over spring break. I was hoping to see whether some discounts will be available. Will flight prices go down?

If WDW prices are going to increase shortly, though, I’d better bite the bullet and commit.

1 Like

I would say prices will definitely go up. I’d book since you don’t have to pay yet and can always cancel. Flights are a crap shoot. They said they’d go down in fall but haven’t really and gas prices are expected to surge this winter.

2 Likes

I bought my DLR package last week and decided to get Genie+ everyday and prepay. I am glad I did.

4 Likes

I have a Disney World and a Disneyland trips booked for next year, tickets and hotels already booked. I am glad I did, but I won’t be returning anytime soon. There are tons of places I want to visit in the world. I’ll take a break from giving my money to Disney.

3 Likes

I honestly think they are nowhere near burning through the pent up covid demand of the upper income earning households. I still know many familys planning trips through next spring. These families dont care if it was $50/person for Genie+ they would still buy it because its their once in 5-10 year trips.

Until that happens and sales slow, the price increases and service declines will continue. I think fall 2023 we may start to see decline as things are now.

That leaves everyone making under $375k per year in a boiled frog situation where everyone reaches a breaking point that a full vacation to the parks is too much $.

5 Likes

I don’t know. The conversation here and elsewhere are suggesting to me that if they haven’t found the exact breaking point they are very, very close. And if this isn’t the straw, the next thing will be.

8 Likes

Did buffet prices not go up, or will my iPhone not show me updated prices? Last night I looked up LTT and it was $39. I am still seeing $39.

Crystal Palace was $59 when I checked it this morning at 6. Was it cheaper yesterday?

1 Like

The cost to build a lightsaber has gone up $50 in the last year and a half. That seems… excessive.

Being infrequent visitors to the parks my family is right in the demographic of people who benefit the most from G+ but there’s just no way I’m coughing up $132 for that and LL for my family each day.

For our next trip (whenever that may be, we have no plans currently) I already vowed to my wife that we wouldn’t stay on site, we wouldn’t buy food in the parks every day, and now I can check G+ and LL off the list of things I’ll give Disney my money for. They must really be betting on those dollars from the top 1%, because they just keep taking reasons from me to give them my money.

7 Likes

I think that’s what I’m getting at, everyone has a different breaking point, likely loosely correlated to income. As they price people out eventually attendance will have to fall correspondingly. I think the backfill has been the people who hadn’t traveled to Disney since pre-2020, I think that will dry up through 2023ish.

4 Likes

And, other than Tron, what does Disney have in the pipeline that is going to draw back the drying up crowds? At the moment…nothing!

Already, we have a 7 days trip planned to UOR in 2023. We will hit Disney in January 2024 before our RCCL cruise, but we are only planning a single day in a park. We just plan to spend a few days outside the parks instead.

In December 2025, we are already talking with the kids about going back to UOR AGAiN to do Epic Universe and such. Disney has pretty much priced our kids out of going back to Disney.

We have a DVC with points to use, so my wife and I will go back probably in 2025 or 2026. I can look forward to finally riding Tron by then. I doubt there will be much else new for us to experience.

5 Likes

Congratulations! I wish I had done it yesterday - but at least I can still buy from Undercover Tourist at the lower price plus 5% back on Rakuten. And I can save my gift cards for food!

4 Likes

Please let me know if 5% cash back works for you on Rakuten. I didn’t think it worked on tickets.

1 Like

Yes for sure! It might not (I hadn’t read the fine print) But it is still my best privce so might as well try!

Now I have to decide - 4days 1 park or 3 day park hopper… Decisions always stall me!

1 Like

I am stuck on the same question! An extra day is cheaper but i like to have the flexibility of a hopper.

1 Like

At least I am not alone! Thank you for validating me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :joy:

We arrive late afternoon and leave before noon. I just like the idea of a day and a half at each park, but wonder if I will miss the flexibility?

1 Like

26 Likes

Oof this is not great news! My hubby is already quite put out by the prices.

4 Likes