Price Increases

bateman-paul-allens-card

3 Likes

Sometimes this happens as a RESULT of originally being known for higher quality. Wealthier folks can afford the higher quality stuff, which in turn allows them to charge more, etc.

But, sometimes the company takes advantage of this. I have stopped buying Levi’s, for example, because while they charge twice as much as other jeans, their quality is really quite poor now. They are riding in their previously true image of a quality product which is no longer the case. $60 for a pair of jeans that lasts me 3 months before I start to see holes in the pockets? No thanks. Instead I spend $25 for a couple pairs of Goodfellow brand from Target, which last me at least a year!

5 Likes

Wait, it’s starting to make sense now. They made the bear out of a raincoat. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I read somewhere that Disney is getting rid of small bags. TRUE I was forced to buy a small reusable bag ( better for environment). But it was a 50th bag and only $1

1 Like

Is this now a thing? Cause they’ve been saying that for a while. I remember hearing that back in 2016 and brought extra money for a bag, but then everyone gave me those normal bags with the option to buy a reusable bag.

2 Likes

I did ask the CM to confirm. Some shops are using up what they have and others are sending their stock back

1 Like

I have walked away from purchases mid-transaction for this reason.

7 Likes

I knew ahead of time. I should have come prepared

The original plan to eliminate bags at Disney was put on hold due to COVID, but now it is back (the plan). We have little lightweight foldable tote bags available we bought just for this purpose.

1 Like

Dude heads up next time :rofl:

In my best Gilbert Blythe Canadian accent: “Sore-y!” :wink:

2 Likes

We almost always have a backpack to throw in anything we buy. Hardly ever even need a bag. Unless DD has 50% off CM discount at the time :wink:

4 Likes

This is how I rationalize things as well, so I enjoyed reading your breakdown.

2 Likes

I noticed A LOT of Halloween stuff in ALL the shops today… I mean A LOT! and started thinking about this thread and wondering if ppl are ditching the extra stuff b/c rooms, food, and tickets eat up their entire budget now?

5 Likes

I am maybe having irrationally negative thoughts about Disney. I have been twice as an adult in 2014 and 2016. I had a trip planned for 2020 also.

Now my dashboard says my trip is in 33 days and I think about cancelling every day. My hotel was paid for with points. My flight was paid for with points. I have gift cards that were given to me over the years to cover all Disney expenses as well as some gift cards for uber. However I cannot get any ADRs and the entire vibe is extremely non-magical with Disney talking constantly about how demand is so high and they are making so much money. It’s a bummer and makes me not want to go. I am probably too up to date on news because my trip is imminent but I don’t hear many positive reports lately and the idea of having to figure out Genie, etc. is unappealing. I tried for only a few ADRs and didn’t get them. I am still mad about Biergarten. It seems very dumb to feel this way about a trip to WDW.

10 Likes

I just had a GREAT day at MK w/o G+. Most wait times <30 min. I’ve been feeling a bit humbug about Disney myself lately but today helped bc I could actually do things. The first week of December traditionally has lower crowds like today. For me crowds make the difference I’m sorry about the ADR issues. Only you can decide to cancel your trip.

10 Likes

That’s cool to hear!

2 Likes

Are you traveling solo by chance?

3 Likes

This is also tbd because of the negative vibes.

2 Likes

This makes me so sad. ADRs aren’t the end all to be all. They are nice to get but honestly there is much better food out there in the world than at Disney. So find those new and quirky QS and lounge places to try. Quit looking at the news. This is a whe new Disney. Don’t expect it to be like last time. Focus on the positive new things you have yet to experience. Sounds like a lot of the financial part of this trip is taken care of. I hope you find a way to enjoy this. Listen to BOG podcast, Rope Drop Radio podcast and DBC podcast. These always put me in a Diggin Disney mood!

3 Likes