Pre book LL’s starting July 24

Genie+:
YARN | They'll see. I'm still Andy's favorite toy. | Toy ...

11 Likes

I HAVE seen. In fact, I’ve done so much analysis of these systems, I even simulated it in software once.

I’ve used paper FP, FP+, and G+…and I understand the advantages/disadvantages of each.

11 Likes

You got us. We are all actually corporate plants here on the forum whose sole purpose is to prop up any and all decisions that The Mouse deems to bestow upon us.

19 Likes

I’m SUPER excited for this new program vs. Genie+ - suits our touring/vacation style much better - especially after our disasterous April 2023 trip after which my formerly Disney loving husband declared “Never again” :cry:

I tentatively mentioned the changes & he was like, “So, it’s like before when we had fastpass plus we just pay now. That’ll work - I LIKED that!”

A glimmer of hope now is building within me that we may once again return to what was once upon a time a happy vacation destination for us :crossed_fingers::blush:

19 Likes

I sure am going to miss the “spontaneity” of having to be on my phone at precisely timed intervals (sometimes while on a ride!) to line my stack up just right. :sob:

:octopus: (snarktopus)

19 Likes

Its irrelevant…This system wont last 6 months…

I suggest you go back and read all the negative FP+ posts and read the reasons why DIsney got rid of it

Then add in the fact you now have to pay for that system and also there’s fewer rides available because of VQ/ILL’s

Remember, Genie+ only lasted 2 1/2 years and was modified 15x

This will have a lot shorter shelf life than that and the main reason is $

Sales will plummet when people realize they are paying $35pp for 1 Tier 1 ride and the Tier 2 rides have negligible wait times

You’ll probably be getting less than before, sure. But the only way it makes sense that everyone will get less under the new system is if they allocate less capacity to the LL than they did with Genie+, which I doubt is going to happen (probably the opposite with the new restrictions on DAS).

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out in sales of the system.
I will be paying attention to the data that comes in regarding the standby lines. Since Covid, I have really begun to see how much the LL’s slow down the standby lines.
If so many people will be abandoning the LL once this change happens, Willl the standby lines move much quicker?
Time will tell.

7 Likes

So LL lines will be short and standby lines will move quicker, and there will be more LLs available since less people are booking them. It sounds terrible!

19 Likes

Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realise you were an expert on her family and touring style and have been there on all her trips seeing what worked and what was difficult for her.

16 Likes

Probably will get banned from the forum for this.

Why does Disney insist on trying to reinvent the wheel with these weird products? Why not give us a true skip the lines package like the ones offered by every other theme park in the country?

4 Likes

that’s been a long-standing question.

A look at the “reimagined” dining plan is a good example as well. They were making absolute bank on that before…but they went and tweaked it. I obviously can’t say whether or not they’re making more or less money than before…but I certainly am not interested in buying it now. And I talked my family out of buying for our upcoming trip (wasn’t a hard sell, either).

So Disney is now “out” that guaranteed $5K+ that we were going to drop. Will we make it up in meals anyway? Probably…but it’s no longer a guaranteed minimum amount going to Disney.

11 Likes

…In YOUR opinion.

The horse is DEAD. Please stop beating it!

16 Likes

The second best part about this update. TPs being useful again.

15 Likes

Exactly. Loved the old dining plan. My wife knew how to get so much out of it.
Same here. I would gladly pay a good amount of money to get a standard skip the lines package (skip any ride- no rerides). I feel $30pp is the most I am willing to pay for genie+ or this new system.

2 Likes

no no, ignore this. Keep going. I think we’re just on the verge of seeing the light. Any second now. The next indignant post will surely do it. We’ll all see the error of our ways all at once. It’ll be amazing.

Any second.

Annnnny second. :rofl:

30 Likes

This feels like really basic math, but maybe math is also irrelevant.

7 Likes

I hated FPP, but used it bc it was free. If I find myself back at WDW, I’ll likely go the no paid route - because - that’s still an option, too! There are people who navigate the parks without G+ and there will be people who navigate w/o FPP+$.

10 Likes

My biggest concern is that when a Tier 1 is down, there will be a ton more MEPs floating around because they have pre-allocated LLMP slots for the whole day. The lines will explode at other Tier 1s especially at Epcot and HS.

6 Likes

Ok, I actually laughed at this one. Maybe it’s all shtick. :thinking:

10 Likes