Pre book LL’s starting July 24

So … I’m in the same boat as you because I liked stacking and arriving at the parks later (especially HS).

This new system is definitely worse for me.

But, there are a fixed number of Tier 1 LL slots and the Tier 1 LLs will always “sell out” everyday. It’s a zero sum game due to fixed supply. So if you and I are worse off because we are getting less Tier 1 LLs, someone else is better off because they are getting those Tier 1 slots.

Because of this, there will be some guests who are better off with the new system and some who are worse off. The change in systems willl result in a re-allocation of the fixed supply of Tier 1 LL slots from you and me to other guests.

I can understand why you are angry about the change. I don’t like it either. But I think your anger is blinding you to the fact that some guests will be better off with the new system.

19 Likes

It won’t be everyone who has it booked getting an MEP though, so unless it’s down for a long time it shouldn’t be too bad.

2 Likes

Interesting. They won’t turn into MEP unless/until the ride is down during your specific return window, so at least the impact will be spread out.

Maybe they could reduce this impact by holding back more LLs for drops. Release more if the day has been going smoothly. Release fewer (or none) if there was downtime.

3 Likes

I’m sorry.
Me too for different reasons. But you go more often and your kids are younger. :frowning:

4 Likes

phew that is a LOT of faith you are putting in Disney IT. :rofl:

7 Likes

Well they do that already, right? So tweak the formulas and maybe expand to additional rides? I’m not an IT guy… maybe it’s more complicated than I picture.

2 Likes

I don’t actually know if they do or don’t do that, but I do know that Disney IT is infamously inept at executing even simple tasks.

So if they’re not doing it already, they’ll likely botch it if they try implement it.

And if they are doing it already, they’ll likely botch it once the system switches over. :rofl:

3 Likes

I think this is a valid question.
Disney seems to want to make it more difficult than it needs to be.

8 Likes

Probably the same reason they won’t take bankers notes etc to qualify for DAS.

4 Likes

That’s absolute crap. :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Yes, not ideal for my family, but we will figure it out (with the help of other Liners) and still have an amazing trip this fall. My kids are going to have to learn to wake up a little earlier :slight_smile:

Despite being 9 and 6 years old, on vacation they become like teenagers and like to stay up until 11 pm-Midnight and then sleep in.

We are also spending 1 day at UOR this trip (first time for the kids). Once they both are tall enough for most the rides, we may end of going to UOR instead of WDW in the future anyway.

6 Likes

Amen to that.

I was angling for a WDW vacation this fall. Didn’t tell my girls. Asked leading questions here and there to assess enthusiasm.
None.
There was none. :flushed:
What they are ALL about is cruising,
and Epic next year.
DD19 will graduate with her BA a year from December and she will want to go to WDW. Or maybe DLR!
But my younger ones don’t seem to be that excited about Disney. It makes me wonder if all those family trips were about me more than them! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

10 Likes

I hate seeing regular posters leave when these back and forth spats occur from time to time.

Maybe (a) we all accept that whether we like it or not, this is WDW’s new system and (b) we should all focus of figuring out the best strategies for each touring style with the new system. Seems more productive than the back and forth of who is right and then losing people who made productive contributions to the strategy threads.

13 Likes

Hmm. What kind of bank is this?

3 Likes

@dreamer is not a banker. They call her a banker.

3 Likes

The kind that breaks your leg for nonpayment of loans.

9 Likes

I dont think so…What I think it will do is force people to change to a non preferred touring plan and force you into rope drop (which I wont do but others likely will)

Non resort guests get the biggest shaft here…I dont see many buying this due to lack of inventory…Even if their preferred rides are available, what’s the likelyhood of their preferred return times?

For eg…I’m non resort guest 3 days out and want to go to MK at open until 5pm and there are no Tier 1 rides available until 5pm…Am I going to buy this new FP+ knowing that I have to leave the park by 5pm? In this scenario, if I buy this all I am paying for is Tier 2 rides

The exact opposite is true for later arrivals…You book your Tier 1 and Tier 2 rides for 3pm start and by the time you get there, there’s no Tier 1 left…Am i going to pay that money just for 1 Tier 1? I doubt it

So this does benefit the early risers who are resort guests…But as we all know, only about 10% of park goers are in this group and do rope drop…So they are rewarding the lowest number of people and penalizing the largest number of people

1 Like

I am not an on-property person. But the benefits I get by staying off property far outweigh the benefits on-property guests get. I do not begrudge them a few days jumpstart.
I could argue my POV all day long and I will convince no one here.

8 Likes

Somebody got those Tier 1 slots than otherwise would have gone to the people in your examples. So someone benefitted with the new system.

4 Likes

Ive been reading WDWMagic (where I will go from now on once my account is opened) and the overwhelming response is the same as mine…

Genie+ was far superior to this new system (so maybe I am a good fit there)

What people are missing is, you could have had the best of both…Its not a question of one or the other…

If Disney allowed pre booking with return time selection of your first ride, 7 days in advance, just like it is in the new system, it would have solved 90+% of the complaints they had and still had the flexibility of the Genie+ system

I dont get why people are getting so mad that I pointed out they butchered this…butchered it bad too