Pre book LL’s starting July 24

14 Likes

My first thought seeing this post was “Oh shit …”

I hope it’s good.

11 Likes

I thought this was what everyone wanted?

As a local I’m not thrilled that it will be more difficult for me to book LL’s. But I rarely buy G+ anyway so not a huge deal.

9 Likes

Summary of points:

On July 24, Walt Disney World will introduce new, simpler names to provide more clarity for everyone. Disney Genie+ service will become Lightning Lane Multi Pass , while individual Lightning Lane will now be known as Lightning Lane Single Pass .

This is simpler. Too bad they didn’t think of this 3 years ago. :rofl:

Lightning Lane Multi Pass

When you purchase Lightning Lane Multi Pass, you may make up to 3 Lightning Lane selections in a theme park, in advance of your visit. You’ll also be able to choose available times as you make your selections.

On the day of your visit, once you use a selection, check the My Disney Experience app for availability to make an additional selection.

Does this mean you can use 1 / get 1? Or use 3, get 1???

Lightning Lane Single Pass

Lightning Lane Single Pass will work much like it does today, where you can secure a time to ride one of our most highly demanded attractions, but you’ll now be able to make your purchase and plan in advance.

How to Plan Ahead

Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel and other select hotels will be able to plan Lightning Lane passes up to 7 days in advance, for their entire stay (up to 14 days). All other guests can plan up to 3 days in advance.

These advance purchase windows will let guests secure some of their must-do rides and experiences after they’ve had some time to decide what dining reservations they want to book and any other plans they may need to consider.

Guests may purchase a Lightning Lane Multi Pass, a Lightning Lane Single Pass or both. The app will also be updated to make it quicker and easier to purchase and plan, with fewer steps and a new option to purchase Lightning Lane Single Pass and Lightning Lane Multi Pass in one transaction.

I bolded “a” because I’m wondering if this means you can only buy one per day?

Lightning Lane passes will blend features from our current services and the previously offered FastPass+ service, giving guests the choice to plan ahead and removing the hassle of planning during their vacation.

To dive into even more details, visit our website for the latest information on how to purchase, select and use your Lightning Lane passes.

Disneyland Resort will also use the new Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single pass names beginning July 24. Based on the different ways we know guests visit Disneyland Resort, the way guests purchase, select and redeem Lightning Lane passes at Disneyland Resort will remain the same.

The complimentary features of Disney Genie service will continue to be available in the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps. As you may have noticed, both apps have also gotten a series of upgrades over the last year to make features easier to use, including making dining reservations, mobile food ordering, and more.

8 Likes

I never thought I’d say this but I’d rather they kept it as it is currently than go back to picking 3 in advance.

18 Likes

I think it is. But I hadn’t read the blog post yet, just the headline, and any change is scary! :scream:

8 Likes

And for those who change plans a lot.

7 Likes

Are you reading this as 3 per day?

3 Likes

I do wonder if there will be the ability to modify your in advance selections. I’m not mad about not having to get up at 7 am to start booking though.

16 Likes

Forgot the quote :grimacing:

3 Likes

That’s how I read it, since it’s every time you purchase a LL multi-pass, and those are daily

4 Likes

The no 7 am thing is great.

12 Likes

So after you use your first one you can only book one more (depending on availability)?? Or will you be able to book every 2 hours/after you use (?your second one? the 4th one?)

5 Likes

I think so. 3 per day for a stay of up to 14 days.

4 Likes

I bolded certain parts of the text and added some of my questions / thoughts to this post after the fact, just in case anyone saw it before I edited.

3 Likes

So if you buy the pre book 3 thing, does it mean you can’t book anymore? 3 and your done? Or will it be like old fast pass plus where you can get more if you use the 3?

For the single one, it’s like current genie plus? So you could still stack? Will all of the good stuff be gone by pre book?

This seems more confusing to me

4 Likes

The devil will be in the details. :rofl:

At first glance, it seems a lot like Fastpass+. But a couple of things are different, including the verbiage about getting a new selection once you use “a selection” rather than using all 3. Did they actually intend to say it this way?

10 Likes

And just after they disqualified most people who used DAS…timing is interesting. :thinking:

4 Likes

And it’s still something that you pay for rather than free.

7 Likes

No mention of tiers?

6 Likes