Pre book LL’s starting July 24

I would think so. The wording is “outside of the US”. I don’t see why we’d be treated any differently to any other non-US guests as far as this pre-booking geofence goes. We can’t get Magic Bands shipped to us in Canada, just like other non-US guests, so I’m figuring this will be the same.

3 Likes

We love you too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

14 Likes

Ugh we get to be Guinea pigs for this… we check in on the 28th?

So do we know when the pre purchase becomes available for on-site guests?

For pre-selection resort guests will we need to purchase length of stay? Length of ticket? AP?

4 Likes

I dunno this is so similar to FPP - for us it means booking all four parks once and pre-selecting the “head-liners” than park hopping to secure a next drop.

The only thing I am seeing difficult is anticipating the drop times again.

2 Likes

You can prepurchase from 24th. I believe, but not sure if it’s confirmed, that you can just buy for the days you want.

4 Likes

Is that why they are throwing free water park on check-in day lol…

7 Likes

Do you happen to know if you can currently buy LL and $ILL on your travel day before you leave Canada? I’m pretty confident that’s the key restriction and the current verbiage is “US or Canada”, so maybe it works and maybe they lie.

I’ve never tried to book flying out of Canada on a travel day since that went into effect, and I never thought to test it otherwise when I could have, although I’m kicking myself for it now. Since it was only the travel day it wasn’t that big a deal. This is a big deal.

So I’m wondering the same - does it affect Canada or maybe when they wrote “on arrival in the US” it was just easier than qualifying it. If Canada’s in the clear now, they would actually have to put effort into making it more restrictive and I’d hold out hope that they didn’t.

3 Likes

Interesting side note, I guess this makes Skipper useless? Or will Skipper automate your pre booked attractions?

I wonder if you will be able to modify your prebooked attractions on the day of? That would probably be your best strategy.

2 Likes

I think one of the big beneficial changes is you pay after you make your 3 selections, so you can decide if those are worth the cost instead of just hoping you get choices on day of your visit.

9 Likes

One potential positive that hasn’t been discussed is that a Touring Plan should be more accurate again because you can modify your TP to put in your LLMP times in the optimizer. I believe I remember a podcast after Genie+ came out where @len said that they left that code in there. So, it should be a few sleepless nights for the TP programmers to put it back in, but we should be able to get some better optimization soon.

15 Likes

I agree with this in principle but if you can modify from pre-booking time till day of then what you are willing to pay for could change and therefore your value proposition would change.

I’m curious if you book one day at a time and then pay or if it’s like you book all days/rides and then pay one big bill.

I think the sticker shock is going to have people changing their minds, modifying how many days, etc and that causes hesitation which causes you to take longer and fall further behind.

4 Likes

I’m sure you will be able to modify at any point before the window opens. In fact I think someone already posted a screen shot that said you could.

4 Likes

One day at a time I think. There is mention of not being able to do it in one large transaction but there will be one transaction for each day which could have Genie + LLs and ILLs.

4 Likes

Literally first thing I did yesterday once I got into the office was check the old code to see where we’re at.

We have to update the “time you can get a next Fastpass” function for the new rules.

The code for park attraction tiers, with tier limits, still works.

We have to update the app and the website UI as well. I’m confident we can get this done in time for the rollout. Not a huge worry.

52 Likes

@Jmarkey86 I recall reading this as well. You will check out for each day and can purchase all MPLL and ILL in 1 transaction, but will do so for each day vs paying for 4 days all at once as an example.

7 Likes

I understand my opinion is not popular but i was not trying to be mean to or offend anyone…i think quite a few people are thin skinned and do not like when others criticize Disney’s policies.

I was merely pointing out that the option they chose helps the least amount of people vs the other options they could had implemented

Everyone agrees the 7am thing needed to be resolved and it was. I just wish they kept the “spontaneity” of Genie+ and combined it with the ease of FP+. They could have done this and chose not to

3 Likes

You are doing God’s work sir.

7 Likes

We never doubted you! I’m looking forward to a more smooth TP experience and I’m so happy for you all (once you flip the code back over, or however IT people would say that )

10 Likes

Do we know if the Single all’s are a package for MK? Do you have to buy both SDMT and Tron or can you just purchase one?

2 Likes