Pre book LL’s starting July 24

Sorry think I hit wrong button with my original.
Can anyone confirm a rumour going around that international guests can not pre book until “in” the US? I am Canadian and arrive late July 24th.

4 Likes

I like planning in advance so this works for me.

I liked the Fast Pass system as it was the first I used when I started going to WDW as an adult (and taking my kid for the first time).

I hated getting up so early and having to make a new plan for the whole day with Genie +.

This will make my touring plans work again!

I’m bummed to have to pay for it but that’s how Disney works.

This will also really help my anxiety.

I’m interested to see how this will work in reality. We don’t typically go for more than 3 days so it might not work. Everything might be gone by the time my dates roll around. I’ll have to back and try to remember what I did with fast pass – like what rides and when. I don’t remember not being able to get what I wanted. Crazy that I remember the tiers at Epcot but not at Magic Kingdom.

6 Likes

I get the 1 LL per attraction per day for Tier 1s because those will sell out quickly and a restriction of 1 per day will let more guests have a turn, but if someone wants pay for LL and ride Dumbo or IASW all day, why not let them?

8 Likes

Yes. I HATED not knowing how much I’d spend before the trip. Waking up at 6:45 with a surprise of how much I needed to spend each day was also exhausting.

Being able to pay for it before the trip and know how much it is or is not messing with my budget will make a difference in my spending behavior while I’m at the park.

8 Likes

Oh good. Then I won’t even need a park ticket.

5 Likes

Nooo, not you. Join the nerds.

1 Like

I don’t think you truly have to RD to make this work, though it will help to be in the park by regular opening. The later you arrive, the less you’ll be able to access 4th+ LLs that are worthwhile, but it will be a gradual thing. Waltzing in at 3pm will be at a bigger disadvantage vs. Genie+ for sure though.

6 Likes

I am so psyched. I’m ready to sleep in, have at least a portion of my day scheduled, and not have analysis paralysis and decision fatigue all day long trying to figure out what I can reasonably do next.

15 Likes

This is so, so key and very helpful. A big win for consumers with the new system. Yes, there will be an element of chance with 4th+ LLs, but if you log in on day -3 and there are slim pickings, you can opt out without dropping a dime.

13 Likes

If that’s a thing, it’s nothing a VPN shouldn’t be able to fix.

8 Likes

I wonder if you will be able to pick and choose which days of your trip you want to prebook? If going to the parks 5 days you likely don’t NEED it for all 5 days, Can you pick only 3 of the 5 days? Also, will you still be able to purchase it the day of if you want, rather than prebook? I love to plan, but it being non-refundable makes wanting to buy it for ALL days ahead of time a bit iffy. Sometimes your plans change or you are feeling off and so decide to do a lighter day.

9 Likes

My read is that it is still one-day-at-a-time purchasing, even though you can purchase for multiple days on a single day. In fact, I would bet that each transaction will only cover one day. But I could be wrong about any of that.

7 Likes

So, is your thinking that if you have 7 days park tickets and want LLMP and LLSP for all 7 days that you would be able to book all 7 days on your -7 day (assuming on-site)?

My guess is maybe you’d book one day at a time???

Also, do you know if you can modify any time in the 7 days prior to trip?

6 Likes

I can be on both teams!

7 Likes

I like this! Because we would book ToT and EE many times :joy:

7 Likes

It looks like you might even be able to change your date! So in your case, maybe buy 3 out of 5 days and then if you need switch them around.

It says you can make changes up until the start of your arrival window.

Oooh @jtaulbee that just struck me - it says you can modify the LL at anytime up until the start of your return window…

8 Likes

this

3 Likes

Somewhere I remember seeing today that 7-day advance could be for length of stay, up to 14 days.

3-day advance was 1 day at a time

Couldn’t tell you where I saw it though

5 Likes

(shhh, sharing the Secrets. One can do both — party with the Nashvillians at night — or all day — AND get up early. )

7 Likes

DPB.

How to Plan Ahead

Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel and other select hotels will be able to plan Lightning Lane passes up to 7 days in advance, for their entire stay (up to 14 days). All other guests can plan up to 3 days in advance.

Not one day at a time, can do 3 days at a time, max for off-site.

9 Likes