Pre book LL’s starting July 24

Fair warning:
No cookies, no pool, and absolutely no cocktails.

We meticulously plan months in advance, complete with spreadsheets.

Our mission: To ride as many attractions as possible while improving our strategy for future successful trips.

Lame? Maybe.
Satisfying? Absolutely. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Here’s my big thing,
I like the idea of prebooking a few (and like that you get an advantage for saying on property), but I think that you should be able to do that and still be able to book more day of without having to use one/be inside the parks.
It makes it real difficult for afternoon folks, and doesn’t eliminated the need to get up early to maximize your paid LL’s.
I don’t really use G+ that much, so this makes me want to use it less, and make it more difficult to plan a HS day.

But, I don’t really think that all of the sudden there isn’t going to be availability for certain things. I suspect it will be similar to booking thing now. I also suspect they will eventually put back in the LL’s for Meet and Greets…

14 Likes

Ooooh… I like you.

4 Likes

Correct, that is my understanding. My hunch is that you will be able to purchase and book one day at a time, but all starting at 7am on day -7.

Yes, up to and including the day of.

3 Likes

And a new Liner dilemma … which day to start booking first?

9 Likes

If you have date based tickets, you can book length of ticket on day -3 if you are offsite.

If you are onsite, you can book length of stay up to 14 days on day -7.

If you have an AP or non date-based ticket with no onsite hotel reservation, it’s one day at a time on day -3.

7 Likes

Oooh, I missed this. That’s good.

I feel more and more like they really thought this one through and listened to feedback.

6 Likes

The first one that ends in Y.

13 Likes

Would the golden ticket be useful in this new system? :thinking:

2 Likes

Someone is having fun here today. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but for the afternoon crowd, I keep seeing how disadvantaged they will be. If you arrive in the afternoon, you will have 3 LL stacked as opposed to the current system where you might have 4? Not a huge difference.

This people in the parks longer will get more use of it and ride more rides, but why is that a bad thing?

9 Likes

Exact opposite for me. Kills my late park arrival touring plans.

Hawaii here we come!

1 Like

Just to clear this up because I see conflicting responses, the below is directly from WDW’s website

When to Purchase Passes

Guests of Disney Resort hotels and other select hotels can purchase passes up to 7 days in advance of their stay—and other Guests can purchase passes up to 3 days in advance of their park visit.

Guests can purchase Lightning Lane passes for days they have valid theme park admission* starting at 7:00 AM Eastern Time on their first day of eligibility.

Here’s when you can purchase a Lightning Lane Multi Pass and/or Lightning Lane Single Pass—and choose experiences and arrival windows:

7 Days in Advance for Eligible Resort Hotel Guests
When staying at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels, Guests can purchase Lightning Lane passes—and choose experiences and arrival windows—starting 7 days before the first day of their Resort stay, for their length of stay (up to 14 days).

This early-planning benefit is available to registered Guests staying at:

3 Days in Advance for All Other Guests
Not staying at a Disney Resort hotel or other select hotel? Then you can purchase Lightning Lane passes—and choose experiences and arrival windows—3 days in advance. See additional details below, which vary based on admission type:

• Guests with date-based theme park tickets (which require the Guest to choose a start date at the time of purchase) can purchase 3 days before the first day of their ticket, for the total number of valid admission days on their ticket.
  • Guests with other ticket types* can purchase 3 days before their park visit.
  • Annual Passholders* can purchase 3 days before their park visit.

*Annual Passholders and Guests with tickets that are not date-based may purchase Lightning Lane passes for any day within the 3-day purchase window.

11 Likes

As soon as an LL converts you should be able to book again. Will be fascinating to see if it fast forwards things!

7 Likes

I will party, oops I mean… ride all rides with you any time!

5 Likes

Edited my post above to add the asterisk text.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :nerd_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Who will buy it for Epcot or AK? Not worth it at all to get one decent ride I think HS too won’t be worth it b you won’t be able to get more than ur pre booked tier 1.

They went too far. All they had to do was allow pre booking for first ride for length of trip to eliminate the 7am wake up.

3 Likes

Honestly I’m sure you can get at least 3/4 of the Epcot tier 1 in one day, especially with drops.

9 Likes

Assuming it still works, I think it will remain just as useful. Use one, get one all day without worrying about return times, as long as there is still availability.

6 Likes