Pre book LL’s starting July 24

I will be there the week after…!
I wasn’t planning on getting G+, but now I want to test the new system. :thinking:

11 Likes

Well - I hope you’re right. But I won’t believe til I see it. FPP+ should have had more hate. G+ should have had more hate. But when you love the drug you find a way. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I was looking for that on the disney website, I know Genie+ previously couldn’t book re-rides, but have you seen that written somewhere for this one?

edit: Nevermind, I see the disclaimer that says “1 LL per attraction, per day.”

5 Likes

@ScottFL

And you must not be following the DAS thread. @drvillarejos

5 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

Wow. I leave my laptop for a few hours, don’t check my phone, and this all blows up. @Jeff_AZ @jtaursula, looks like the three of us are going to be busy with new threads next month :rofl: .

I have thoughts:

• Disney will never go back to free LL. That ship has sailed, it’s now baked into their revenue. The unfortunate reality is that if they ever did, it would crash their stock, unless they could figure out a way to make up the revenue elsewhere. So the best we can hope for is a good system within the confines of a paid offering. Thanks Chapek.
  • I don’t thinik this is going to affect availability at all. If you think about it, right now you can book one attraction at 7 AM. What does everyone do? Book a headliner. So assuming the same number of people book their one headliner at 7 AM, the same inventory will be reduced with prebooks. The only difference is that offsite guests may be at a disadvantage. However, with the crackdown on DAS, they may have more inventory to play with. Things like MF:SR and MMRR will have plenty of availability going into the day, just like they do now. And with the staggard times, it’s more likely that you can get what you want.
  • The tiers look to be only for prebook. Once you get to day of, everything looks to be open season. This is to ensure, I think, good availability day-of so not all the headliners are snatched up.
  • The rolling 3 attractions is great. Think about it - it allows you to get a headliner maybe late in the day, then book your other two “throwaway” attractions (and frankly, even if I only save 15 minutes on SSE, it’s still 15 minutes time saved). Then use your throwaway early, and book your next headliner, slecting your time. This has a lot of potential to really be able to optimize things.
  • It will be very interesting to see all the loopholes. For example, on day of, if you cancel a throwaway or have it expire, can you then book another Tier 1? Or do you actually have to use it? How this plays out will be interesting.
  • One thing that FP+ had was people frequently modifying of times (because, of course, plans change), which often opened up a lot of stuff to be able to grab. This still happened with G+, but less frequently. I think @OBNurseNH’s grab and modify trick may make a comeback.
  • I’m very confident that drops will still be a major thing.
  • I always hated tiers with FP+. But, I think I actually like them here because of the rolling 3 and because it only seems to be related to pre-booking, not to actual day-of use.
  • I’ll miss stacking, but rolling 3 isn’t a bad alternative.
  • I am thrilled that I will never have to scramble at 7 AM during my trip to book a LL.
  • I really, really, really hope that @joelbruick can make BG1 work with this new system. I’m assuming it uses the same APIs.

At the end of the day, we will find a way to make this work and be beneficial. We’re liners. We always figure out whatever system they throw at us. When Genie+ was rolled out, there was this same kind of catastrophizing. And, it took a little time, but so many people on this site worked to figure out the system and the ways to make it work for every situation. We will do the same here. There’s no system in the world that can’t be gamed hacked optimized, and the people here have the tenacity and perseverance to figure it out, make it work, and share that knowledge with this community. I’m up for the challenge.

89 Likes

Are you playing the part of “the voice of reason” since @OBNurseNH is on vacation? :rofl:

29 Likes

Well done

11 Likes

OMG of course they do this 11 days before our trip when it’s really too late for us to reschedule. I hope the new system is great for those who get to use the new system…

4 Likes

Thank you @mikejs78, @jtaursula, and @Jeff_AZ for indicating that you will rise to the challenge.
SIVAKO!

19 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t. I’ve heard of people not applying because they THOUGHT they would be disqualified. And I 've heard of people that don’t have the disability that DAS was designed for. They were given other accommodations that they didn’t like. But they were given accommodations. I would love to see more widespread reporting on this though. I know 3 different families that have used (and still qualify for) DAS. One is there now and said it is MUCH better for her daughter.

I mean the old FPP, you still had to wait for tap in or 2 hours to get another- just like it is now. But that is changing so this won’t be exactly like the old FPP. I did stack for the evening with that system.

:rofl: I hadn’t seen that yet. It’s been a busy day. I wonder if you can still get a work around with modifying to a later date and then canceling…

I have been so busy. I’ve only made it to this one! I HAD to come check in, lol.

I’ve heard this a couple of times. And I don’t like to pry because people’s personal medical needs are none of my business at all. But I haven’t heard of a case of what has been excluded that was explicitly covered before.
I’m not saying it hasn’t happened. I have a family asking me about a very specific issue. Where they technically aren’t a candidate for DAS but they will try anyway. They’ve gotten it before with a bit of exaggeration and a small bit of fabrication.
Not trying to start a debate on it. I just haven’t heard any specifics- just general statements that a person no longer qualifies. I though all Disney did was clarify who the DAS pass is intended for.
They really need an appeals process though.

Sleepy Hollow isn’t on the list. Sorry.

I want you to try and try hard! :rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap: Don’t take no for an answer sir.

No, I am not. I didn’t even know there was one. There are many threads here I don’t know about, lol. I want to see a list of what has not been excluded that was previously acceptable. This came up last week in a discussion with a client (see above). That’s why I’m talking about it now. Disney gains financially by opening up LL availability. But there was also abuse. So I’m wondering what accommodations Disney CAN offer to people that are now eliminated. And if there is anything a person can do to increase their chances of being approved for a DAS if they have the legitimate need. It isn’t easy finding the very specific information I’m looking for except from people that have gone through the process and are willing to talk about it in specifics objectfully.
I’ll check out the DAS thread though. I do trust what people say here much more than the interwebs. Thank you for the heads up!

3 Likes

For those that aren’t familiar with the old MaxPass at DLR here the old TP article.

You’ll see how they’ve used it with the old WDW FPP for this new multipass system

https://c.touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/maxpass#gsc.tab=0

3 Likes

It was free in the past… so, 100% of guest had it. And it worked!

3 Likes

It seems to be only children who get approved for DAS now. And the cancellation thing didn’t change today, it was a few months ago I think.

2 Likes

I consider that a huge compliment.

11 Likes

She must have said it wrong then.

9 Likes

What is changing? You can’t book another LL right after tapping?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can, that’s how it reads to me. And I thought you could with FPP as well, but it’s been 5 years and my memory is hazy.

ETA after you had used or expired your pre booked ones, which didn’t have to be 3.

4 Likes

Selecting time slots day of is a great benefit! I’m hoping there will be a way to sort your attractions by next available time slot.

OK, I hope everyone here is doing the slow clap thing when reading this!! Let’s start the round of applause!

5 Likes

That will be the same. But old FPP you could grab another FP after 2 hours (like now) if you haven’t tapped yet.

2 Likes