Poll Time! What's the Optimal Trip Frequency?

No. Sometimes I go to WDW, sometimes I go to the mountains… splash, Space, big thunder…

8 Likes

Sometimes I go to Africa, or Asia.

5 Likes

I actually did go to college in the mountains and go a lot for football games and stuff so no one thinks a thing.

2 Likes

The biggest thing that keeps me from going as often as I would like (probably every other month or so) is the hassle that is travelling with small children. Until I can afford to charter private flights I will probably stick to one 2 week trip per year. Or until they’re old enough that I feel comfortable taking adult/solo trips.

1 Like

Diversity is super important to me too and one of the things I love about Tacoma. But maybe this is my own ignorance showing … I would have thought diversity easier to find in Florida than in Indiana! But it sounds like that’s not the case?

2 Likes

If I miss even one day of work, people assume I went to Disney. They’re not always wrong either! I have quite the reputation but I don’t think anyone is being mean spirited about it. I assume it’s jealousy if someone makes a snarky comment :grin:

5 Likes

I said monthly, I tend to go to one coast or the other every few months. Since the parks reopened I have been to WDW in July/August, October, January, September, and then October again this year. I also went to DLR in April (Touch of Disney), July and September. Currently planning trips in December to DLR and WDW in January. So yeah, monthly seems about the right amount!

4 Likes

Wow, for a forum of WDW enthusiasts, I’m kinda surprised how few people have voted for less than quarterly.

4 Likes

Maybe those voting for longer times aren’t actually as enthusiastic as they think!! :rofl:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Nope. The smile on my face and excitement in my voice says enough. Sometimes enough to convert them as well.

6 Likes

I would certainly go daily, but it isn’t practical from a family/life standpoint. So my choice was based on what I could actually do with that assumption of money not being a factor.

2 Likes

I said annually and I can afford it so I’m gradually dropping hints to my Disneyphobic husband that this is my future, starting Spring 2022.

5 Likes

We used to get asked this with trips every 2 to 3 years. :flushed:

Since we started going annually, nobody’s asked. I think they’ve finally figured it out . . .

4 Likes

We used to be every other year when the kids were really little (and my MIL/stepFIL lived 20 min from WDW). Trips were on property and I would carefully plan ADRs at resorts and the ILs would join us for meals & visits at our resort.

As the kids got older and our work situations changed we visited when we could, but the trips definitely slowed a bit for awhile. Since 2016 we have done one cruise, and visited DLR 2x, UOR 1x, and WDW 2x. I will be visiting WDW 2x within the next 9 months.

Moving forward I would like to visit 2-3x/year but I need to figure out logistics of doing so. My kids are older, one is out in the world and the other in high school so I will techically have more time. I just have to get dh on board. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I love all these replies. I have a few “Disney” people I work with, one whom I credit convincing me to buy DVC, and then another who is a recent hire who I found we were both there for several trips the past few years a the same time. So we always have stuff to chat about and understand eachother. Some of my friends though, just don’t get it. I’m thinking of trading them in for liners in the near future. :laughing:

5 Likes

I said quarterly or semiannually because right now we live so dang far away. It’s a huge trip- last year we had credits to burn and military Dis tickets to use bc of COVID/canceled trips and so we will end up taking 3 trips within one calendar year. That is honestly a ton, and too much for us right now. If we ever move closer to WDW, I’d love to go for each EPCOT festival/major season plus hit Universal festivals… But killing 2-3 days travel time each trip is just too much.

3 Likes

As far as the questions for why we go to Disney so much- my parents bought some vacation club resort thing in Mexico some 5-6 years ago and they go there about 2 times a year. I think they lost their right to question my vacation habits haha!

They are at a resort in Mexico now, and I asked how they like it, and they said that it’s like Disney so they think I’d like it…

Ok… Well, that’s not quite how this works. But alright. LOL. Gotta love parents.

7 Likes

When I go to Disney, whether in Paris or America, it’s a dedicated special international trip. So I picked once every 2-5 years because that’s what’s worked for me. Late 2010, mid 2015, early 2020.

I have a late 2021 America trip coming up for other reasons and I can’t decide whether or not to add on Disneyland in CA. Am I a non-enthusiast if I decide to stop over somewhere else after almost 2 years (and a pandemic) away from a Disney park? I might prefer to wait till I can be unmasked and less restricted.

2 Likes

This is how I feel about Vegas which I often hear is the adult Disney.

umm, no. :thinking: not even close. :grin:

4 Likes