Poll Time! What's the Optimal Trip Frequency?

The nice thing about going quarterly is that you could go in all 4 seasons:

1. Hot and humid
  2. Hot af and rainy afternoons
  3. Hot and humid and hurricanes
  4. Maybe perfect or possibly cold and/or rainy
18 Likes

FIFY

I have gone in Dec and Jan and it’s been 85 and muggy. Winter is like the roulette wheel. ;-).

4 Likes

:rofl: Or maybe all 4 seasons in one day!

3 Likes

So, I said annually, but I think that’s more of an average for me. I want to visit at different times, but also want to go other places. @Jeff_AZ said money wasn’t a hinderance but kids school schedules, work vacation, hockey, life, all get in the way of me travelling as much as I’d like.
We typically go every 2 years, or so, and that seems about right to balance all of the other pulls. If I were retired and single, I could go more often - but still maybe only 2x a year.

2 Likes

I agree with every word

1 Like

As a CM I used to be in the parks before or after every shift, it felt like. I never, ever got tired of it and I really miss it tbh. Not enough to go back to that wage mind you, but maybe if I get bored in retirement and they let me work the hours I want.

Hehe, stay tuned…T-21 days.

6 Likes

I am with you here. For me it is every 1 to 2 years (2 is max). So 1 is probably my best choice because 2-5 is just too long.

Can I include DLR visits in my count?

3 Likes

Whichever way you’d like!

1 Like

Disney is Disney… .right?

1 Like

I enjoy the anticipation of a Disney trip and voted semi-annually. My husband is ready to retire. He is fully onboard with a move to Florida so I can be closer to WDW. I prefer to live far enough away from the parks where I can’t just pick up and go for the afternoon. Yet, close enough to plan a trip to happen within a few weeks. Florida real estate is tricky, though. I’m in Indiana where the cost of living is golden. A 300k house here is fabulous. Not so much in Florida. Demographics are important as well. For obvious reasons, I prefer a diverse community. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Yeah if you’re going to have to double your house payment to move, you have to start considering whether it would be cheaper just to fly. Tricky balance.

6 Likes

I’d love to do a “long weekend” once a month, with a 7-10 day trip in there once or twice a year.

4 Likes

We usually go once per year for 9-10 nights. I’d love to squeeze in 2-3 trips per year but it’s hard with work/school schedules. And we’d need more DVC points :wink:

To those of you that go multiple times per year - do you get tired of explaining why you go so much? I’m already sick of it and we’ve been averaging 1-2x per year :joy:

5 Likes

Nope.

My time. My money. My choice.

8 Likes

No one has asked why I went twice this year but I did feel super self conscious about it cause I overshare at work so of course everyone knew and I may have imagined the judgy eyes. (Ok one person did mock me a little.) But it wouldn’t stop me from going again.

8 Likes

When someone gets judgy about how much I Disney, I personally welcome the opportunity to say “here, hold my dole whip”.

10 Likes

That’s what annoys me - the mocking! Usually from people who have never been, too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Years ago a former co-worker would snidely tell people that they could call me from WDW, describe where they were, and I could direct them to the nearest bathroom.

Then she started thinking about their first (only?) family trip to WDW and asked me to help her plan. We sat down over lunch a few times, I walked her through a bunch of stuff, gave her my TA’s info, and they had an AMAZING time.

She never made fun of me and my love of Disney again. :sunglasses:

I have been sharing with co-workers that I will be taking three trips in 10 months and before they can make any kind of comment, I just say I am a huge Disney geek and it makes me happy. No push back yet at all. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

None of their business……

When you smile at people and tell them quietly and calmly that “I am a Disney freak”, it scares them and they quickly back away, never taking their eyes off of you….

10 Likes

If I didn’t have obligations I’d be there more than once every 2 - 5 yrs. There is so much I want to see and yet we’re limited to kids’ school breaks. Ugh. Of course, in 4 yrs kids start getting old enough for college or jobs…eeek…not sure what life will be like then. :open_mouth:

3 Likes