Poll Time! What's the Optimal Trip Frequency?

Quick poll today:

If money wasn’t an object, what would be the ideal frequency for you to visit WDW without losing the magic?

(Select the option that is closest to your ideal.)

• Less than once every 5 years
  • Once every 2-5 years
  • Annually
  • Semiannually / Quarterly
  • Monthly
  • Weekly
  • Daily
  • Some other frequency (comment below)

0 voters

This poll was inspired because I’ve been home from my most recent trip about a month and realized I could totally go again today if I could afford it and if the kids didn’t have school.

12 Likes

home schooling allows for more trip freedom :wink: :joy: :rofl:

5 Likes

I said semi annually or quarterly but realized I’ve been to DLR monthly for what will be four months in a row. :joy:

8 Likes

when I had to fly in and had the means it was a once a month event

2 Likes

I said “monthly” because our goal is to retire to Florida in the next few years (not just for Disney but that is definitely a perk)! :blush:

6 Likes

I prefer to do a longer trip (1-2 weeks) and I think I wouldn’t enjoy it if I did it more than once a year. I was tempted to say 2-5 years, but I feel like I would still have fun with an annual trip.

2 Likes

I voted “semi-annually”. If I could go in the fall and late spring, when school is in session, I’d be thrilled!

We’ve been an every 2 - 3 years family, with other places like Universal included. I would love to go annually! Now, that I’m an empty-nester going to Orlando at least one a year - preferably more is my goal!

Because of my passion for all theme parks, I do honestly believe I could live down there and not get sick of any of it.

My wife’s company is based in Tampa, FL - about 90 minutes from WDW. I’ve joked that now that our daughter is grown, if she ever wants to take a promotion or relocate I’d move in an instant!

I’d wake up before dawn on the weekends to drive and RD the parks or leave work a little early and go to EPCOT for dinner!

4 Likes

I feel like twice a year is the most infrequently I would want to visit. I always go during the holiday season, but it’s nice to see it other times of year too. I have just under 2 months between trips right now and honestly it doesn’t feel like enough time. I wouldn’t give up a trip during the holidays and the earlier was for the 50th so they will be very different at least.

3 Likes

Granted I have not been with my kids yet, but for myself currently 2-5 years would be enough. We were last at DLR in 2017 and I was really wanting more Disney in 2020 and will finally get it in 2022.

3 Likes

We have gone every 2 or 3 years from 1988 to 2017.
Before that the '80s were very nearly yearly.
Every 5 years for the 70s.

I used to think that every 2 or 3 years was ample.
But I’m older and do less in a day. I’ve really enjoyed annual visits from 2017 to 2020.
Tho we won’t do a 2021 visit since we did two weeks in the west in May and a cousin reunion in July.

Thanks for the survey, @Jeff_AZ

DH says you left off Been there, done that. :grin:
The kid at our house says it’s kind of fun to decide let’s go and visit within 6 months instead of planning way far out. Otherwise every other year is good.

2 Likes

My instinct is to say daily, cause I love WDW. But I wouldn’t want to get bored, and I’m the type of person for whom instant gratification leads to boredom. I enjoy the anticipation as much as the trip itself.

Monthly is about enough to maintain that sense of anticipation while still maximizing the reward. However, until I’m retired and/or rich, I’m going to have to settle for every 2 years, or occasionally more often (like this year). I supplement that with a trip to DLR at least annually, even in years when we go to WDW.

7 Likes

I think a major qualifier in my choice is the length of these trips. If going for 5-8 days like all my trips have been, I would not want to do that monthly. But if going over long weekends, then monthly for sure. If I lived nearby, and could do single day trips easily, then weekly.

7 Likes

First I picked Other, because if I could live at AK, or in Cindy’s house, I totally would. Since that’s not actually an option, and I live a plane ride away, I picked weekly.

5 Likes

This is definitely important. I said monthly with the thought in mind that it would be 4day trips each time.

For longer trips, of 5-7 days minimum, I would think quarterly might do…maybe?

5 Likes

I had heard that older folk in the DL area would buy annual passes, get on a local bus and visit DL daily. Practically a senior center.

This kinda sounds like a decent retirement plan. Tho I’m not sure about living in a big city after so many years in the country.

3 Likes

This is what my ideal would be, excluding travel time.

2 Likes

I picked other. Right now I am at every 5 months. I think 3-4 months works best for me but I can be very happy with every 5 months.

1 Like

I picked semiannually, but who am I kidding…

If money was not an issue, I would live in Golden Oaks and go as frequently as I could.

I was born for this and do not feel I would ever loose the magic.

11 Likes

As an out of stater, in an ideal world, I’d go in the fall to see the Halloween decorations and do Food and Wine for a week to 10 days. Go again in mid-December for at least 10 days to take in all the Christmas stuff. And then go again in the spring for the Flower and Garden Festival for a week.

7 Likes

Ooooh what to decide…

I haven’t been in 20+ years.
But honestly, I can’t help but think that in a perfect world I’d love to hang out there everyday. Grab a bite to eat, ride something, post a wait time or two, enjoy the sights and sounds.

I think I’m picturing Cheers but with Dole Whip.

15 Likes