Poll Time! What to call Ratatouille ride at Epcot?

IKR? Below is a picture from another article. It’s not like it’s a tiny tortoise!

4 Likes

You owe me a keyboard I just spit my coffee on

5 Likes

The Red Eared Slider has red markings on the side of his head, hence Raphael. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But is Rafael as ninja as Manuela? How good is he at hide-and-seek? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh, he is quite the escape artist. The first year we had him I was at work and received an email from my sister (who was living w/ us at the time) with the subject line, “I found the turtle!”

Response was …What do you mean you “found” the turtle? :rofl:

Apparently, Raph escaped out of the top of his tank (we learned quickly to reinforce the covers and make it escape-proof), fell behind the tank and the stand we had it on, and disappeared under the stand …which had a hollow bottom w/ access only in the back. My sister was laying on the couch reading, looked up and Raph wasn’t in his tank. The ensuing search took a couple of hours but she was able finally to figure out where he ended up and coaxed him out of his hiding place.

The second time he escaped (we didn’t learn enough about containment after the first time) he again fell behind the tank but managed to wedge himself between the wall and the stand. We were able to extract him pretty quickly and popped him back in the tank.

4 Likes

Wow! What a story. I was going to be really morbid and say no it was more like this with an approximate picture I googled, but I don’t want y’all to think I’m weird. :skull: :hamster:

6 Likes

We had a pet turtle. Named him Speed Bump

7 Likes

When I taught kindergarten I had a hamster in my class. The class had a contest and named him “grassy”. Grassy chewed her ways out of her cage one day. After a couple of weeks I was sure she was gone forever (we were always “catching” 5th and 6th grade boys in the glue traps around the school that were left to deal with the mice- the school also “lost” a rather large snake the year before).

One day in the middle of circle time, Grassy stumbled out of a closet. The hamster had found a large bag of Halloween candy and was blinded by a face full of chocolate.

10 Likes

:joy:

Sounds like Grassy had a lovely time in exile.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say bulk. Maybe half, or less. And nothing that would interfere with getting it if one doesn’t understand French

2 Likes

The movie was one of my favorites and walking out of the theater I thought the sequel names would be easy … Rata2ille … followed by Ratatou3. Looking at them written out now ,… those would be terrible movie names.

4 Likes

No exaggeration, I would have had to quit. My anxiety would have been through the roof every single day I stepped foot in that building.

2 Likes

You should be fine. As long as you don’t look at it in the eyes. Besides, it probably will just move around the school using the pipes.

:grin:

7 Likes

This is for @Jeff_AZ and other rat adverse

2 Likes

Mmmmm bacon :bacon:

4 Likes

@Jeff_AZ @amvanhoose_701479 This thread just reminded me of this Pixar special feature/short.

Discuss. :smile:

3 Likes

Do you all remember that before Remy, we had a rat (or two…or two hundred) running a food business.

In The Muppets Take Manhatten, Rizzo the rat and his compadres were working in the kitchen of the diner.

And in A Muppet Christmas Carol, the same rats were single handedly keeping Scrooge’s business afloat.

Clearly, so Remy descends from a long(ish) tradition of rats running businesses.

And if we look at rodents in general, who can forget that a mouse named Mickey runs once of the largest entertainment businesses in the world!

4 Likes

That’s funny… Several rats colluding with each other…

1 Like

Speaking of colluding.

Someone I know through my son’s hockey team told me that the cars on Rat Ride went crazy the other day and started colliding (not colluding though).

I didn’t see this reported anywhere. Anyone know about The Rat Crash Scandal??

3 Likes

I did hear about that as well, but can’t remember where.

1 Like