Poll Time! Should FPP return?

We’ve had a spirited discussion about Fastpass Plus and its potential replacements in another thread, and by recommendation of a few Liners, I decided to throw a poll into the mix. I was going to do an anonymous poll, but where’s the fun in that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Please keep it respectful. :blush:

I couldn’t decide how to design this poll to please everyone, so I will post a several different configurations. Please vote in each one.

Poll #1

Do you want Fastpass Plus to return in its pre-COVID form?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Poll #2

Which type of Fastpass program would you prefer?

• Standby Only - no alternative access line (except DAS / RS)
  • Fastpass Plus in its pre-COVID form
  • Something similar to MaxPass at Disneyland
  • Same day virtual-only queueing similar to Volcano Bay (with or without paid option)
  • Some other (mostly) free Fastpass configuration (comment below)
  • A paid option similar to Universal Express Pass
  • A paid option similar to Shanghai DL (pay per ride / bundle)
  • Some other (mostly) paid option (comment below)

0 voters

Note: MaxPass includes both a paid in-app option and a free paper option and is only available day-of and only for headliner attractions and some shows.

Poll #3

Which attractions should Fastpass be available for?

• Fastpass available for virtually all attractions
  • Fastpass only available for headliner attractions
  • Fastpass only available for non-headliner attractions (standby only at headliners)

0 voters

Poll #4

What percentage of ride capacity should be dedicated to Fastpass holders?

(Note that each guest would get fewer Fastpasses on average if fewer were distributed.)

• 0-24% of ride capacity is dedicated to Fastpass
  • 25-49% of ride capacity is dedicated to Fastpass
  • 50-74% of ride capacity is dedicated to Fastpass
  • 75%-99% of ride capacity is dedicated to Fastpass (i.e., FPP)
  • 100% of ride capacity is dedicated to Fastpass (i.e., Volcano Bay)

0 voters

Poll #5

Who should advance Fastpasses be distributed to?

• All guests have equal access to advance Fastpasses
  • All guests have access to some advance Fastpasses, but on site, Deluxe/DVC, and club level have additional access
  • All guests have access to some advance Fastpasses, but on site, Deluxe/DVC, and club level could pay for additional Fastpasses

0 voters

Note: For example, off-site guests could receive 1 advance FP while onsite guests receive (or can pay for) 3, Deluxe/DVC receive (or can pay for) 4, Club level receives (or can pay for) 6.

Poll #6

How far in advance should Fastpass bookings be available? (Ignore the impact of length-of-stay, club level, etc.)

• Same day only
  • In advance but less than 30 days
  • 30 days
  • 60 days
  • 180 days

0 voters

3 Likes

I can’t decide my answer to most of these questions so I’m only voting in the one that I am pretty passionate about

2 Likes

The question: who should have advanced FP. I picked an answer that I don’t really agree with. Honestly, I liked that a longer window of advanced FP was an on-site benefit but I don’t read that as a choice?

5 Likes

@Jeff_AZ - I don’t think I’ve ever said it, but “Thanks!” for doing these polls. Sometimes, lately, I’ve lost my passion for all things TP and planning, since I’m not going for a long time. These polls always bring me back a bit!

12 Likes

Thanks! Making polls is fun but can also take a lot of time and though to get right!

The way I was thinking of it when I wrote the options was that there would be a benefit to being onsite / club level, etc. (and poll 5 is more focused on those benefits) but just in general what should the baseline be for regular guests. So should it be 30+10 or 60+10, etc.

4 Likes

I am reading this differently

Top: everyone has some- special groups have more (everyone gets 3- special groups get 5 or everyone can FP Dumbo, special groups can book FoP)
Middle: everyone gets the same
Bottom: everyone gets the same but you can pay for more (everyone gets 3, $50 for 5)

Does your additional access= time?

1 Like

WDW is really paying attention to @Jeff_AZ 's poll.

7 Likes

My reply was a paid system a la UOR. By its nature, it will lead to fewer people using the FP system and more ride capacity being dedicated to the SB line in general. And, like universal, it would be something people may choose to have on some trips (shorter trips, trips taken during peak travel times, etc) and forgo on others. I also highly prefer the elimination of FP return windows. They suck and make the day feel too scheduled.

5 Likes

That’s because he just spent a gazillion $ there. :joy:

8 Likes

Yeah that poll was more about # of fastpasses. I didn’t make a poll about additional time because I figured it’s not controversial to have extra days if you are on site or in club level.

1 Like

That’s rounding up, but close. :joy:

They ought to!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

The questions were hard to answer because while I prefer Max pass, I still have lots of opinions about FPP too. I would love an option like UOR gives with express, but I don’t see that working as well at WDW due to the huge number of onsite guests. So maybe it would only be for club level stays and everyone else gets FPP or Max pass. That seems fair. We have only stayed CL once, and it was awesome to have the 6 FPP every day (it was over the Christmas holidays), but if they sold or included something like express, I would probably mostly stay CL from here out. I’d need to work more though.

4 Likes

This pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

3 Likes

I think there should be a paid option, but priced very high so that very few people use it. This allows those who really want to ensure they get to ride things or have a very short trip could do it, but most people wouldn’t want to pay for it.

I also think onsite guests shouldn’t get more opportunity…so not like Express Pass at Universal.

If Disney does it this way, they drive up revenue for themselves, but don’t devalue the price people are paying to go to the parks by making the lines appreciably longer.

4 Likes

Isn’t that a plaid ?

8 Likes

I don’t know. I don’t anything about a plaid. But I don’t think I mean that high. But maybe $200 per person? I don’t know the exact price point.

1 Like

I hate the one size only option at USO. I mean i would pay half the price of express pass at USO if I could ride half the rides. I would prefer a free option but have options for paid upgrades if you want. Not even sure how that would work? Options…i like options! Still think on site and dvc should get some advantage in any system.

1 Like

I’ve seen this used several times in the forum. Is it an acronym? What does it stand for or mean? (Yes, I am out of touch :laughing:)

1 Like

It is code for a VIP tour. Cast members who lead VIP tours wear plaid, so they are called “plaids.”

2 Likes

Thanks! (Obviously, I never paid for a VIP tour, or I would know this :laughing:)

1 Like