In current period of no FP, is WDW worth it?

I don’t go often and it works for me. Not just 3 rides, but getting there early and knocking out a couple of rides and then having my 3 FPs.

6 Likes

I think it’s actually the opposite. They’ve said out loud that the AP holders and DVC members (ie the guests that keep going back) actually spend less money than the guest that only visits once in a lifetime or every few years.

3 Likes

Yes this! With FPs, we can use our early arrival hours to standby ride other attractions. Under the current system, we have to choose what is most important to do in the early AM, and hope that the other lines shorten up at some point during the day or evening.

6 Likes

And knowing you don’t have to wake up at 6am or earlier to do so. Did I mention I am not a morning person? :blush:

5 Likes

Yes this! My family was not happy to rope drop so many days this trip but it felt necessary to miss the middle day heat and long lines.

3 Likes

I would be really interested to see a simple “Do you want FPP to come back?” Yes/No and anonymous, with comments turned off. No drama; no justifying; no yes, but; just the data.

4 Likes

I don’t normally wake up before 8-8:30 ON A WORK DAY and now I gotta be on a bus by 6:30 to hopefully have a couple short waits that would probably be longer than I would have waited if I had a fpp. Ugh.

4 Likes

That seems to be The Plan…
“Rope Drop the Best, FP the Rest”

Rumour has it that people write Unofficial-type books recommending it.

4 Likes

If FP+ was suspended because park reservations and attendance caps were in place, doesn’t that assume FP+ will be reinstated when those things are no longer in place? It seems like they are already increasing attendance limits.

I am kinda hoping so before our trip in February.

Except that they removed the Fastpass signage at many (most?) Of the rides. Not just hid it, but removed it. That suggests in the very least a name change.

1 Like

It is thought that this pandemic is the perfect opportunity to make changes to the ride reservation system. This is assuming that the Disney bosses think improvements can be made. And, I believe that there was even a next generation system already in the works before covid.

1 Like

1 Like

Remember this thread? I always remember what the park expert says. :wink:

6 Likes

Unofficial you say? Tell me more!

We got Mickey to sign our UG on our first trip in 1992. We didn’t know autographs were a thing and he was the only character we met so we didn’t have anything else handy :joy:

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Looking at wait times today :frowning: Who is waiting 75 minutes for Na’vi River Journey? I’d be so pissed if I’d never been on that ride and waited in a 75 minute line.

3 Likes

especially since it’s not worth a wait anyways :wink:

2 Likes

After a 75 minute wait, I think I’d be eligible for a Single Rider line for the rest of the trip.

2 Likes

@bebe80 Single rider line at the ski lift was used to fill each chair to the max capacity

2 Likes

I loved that. I don’t know why more people don’t split and go up Single Rider. I remember passing a ton of people to go Single. Plus, I had so many interesting conversations that way.

2 Likes