FastPass on its way back?

Hate to post rumors but it is interesting none the less. You gotta believe they want something in place at least a month for the 50th crowds roll in in October. Maybe we get some form of FP back this summer?

7 Likes

Saw this story and checked the MDE app on my phone and I don’t see “standby”.

I’m on an Android phone, any of you Apple IOS users checking?

Also Blogmickey reporting the same thing.

I can see it on my app (iOS). I wonder if with increasing capacity, they will be adding fpp or a virtual queue back with the crowds.

1 Like

I have an iPhone and am also seeing the standby wait time language.

1 Like

Disney has typically rolled out iPhone changes first on MDE.

3 Likes

I too see it in my iPhone

1 Like

Booooo

3 Likes

… I was thinking that FP and park reservations do not work nicely together, they make things more complicated.

2 Likes

Android here and no standby. Even reinstalled the app.

Ditto

Yeah, iPhone user here and standby wait is on the app. Fingers seriously crossed! Splash is a 70 minute wait on 6pm on a thursday. No thanks. That was an easy FP to find after using 1st three in the past. Just that alone would save an hour in line!

4 Likes

I have a feeling they’ll bring it back soon. The system exists and can be taken back into use fairly easily, so why not. They could still be developing the new system.

2 Likes

I don’t see this on my IPhone but, regardless, I’m excited. I am hoping FP are back for my trip in July!!! :pray:

2 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

There is a link to the Blog Mickey article on the Walt Disney World Reddit thread, and a user is reporting that she and her husband both had fast passes just show up on their MDE app. She said it is for a day she won’t be there, so obviously a glitch, but something must be happening!

4 Likes

Crossing all the fingers and toes. I could see a return of SDFP. Maybe the plan for paid will be for advance booking. That could allow them to reinstate SDFP sooner - and based on APRs and actually turnout they could control what they release each day.

I know that FPP wasn’t perfect, but particularly with the APR data they are collecting, surely they could regulate FPP to not disrupt the flow of the standby line as drastically.

3 Likes

I saw reports on another forum that it seems some version of FP will be coming back soon. It seems to be coming from some pretty solid sorces so we shall see…

4 Likes

Like how soon? We are going next week and I love and want FP but I seriously hate it when they change things literally overnight!

4 Likes

Sounds like maybe around the time fireworks are back, if what I saw was accurate.

I have a feeling we’re going to be getting a bunch of significant announcements in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

We will be at Universal starting on Sunday, and our Disney trip is the first week of August. I have a Google doc of possible fast pass options that I can access on my phone for reference “just in case” some kind of announcement occurs while we are at UOR next week. :joy:

5 Likes