FastPass on its way back?

The wording “standby wait” is intriguing. Does it mean there will be a “fast pass wait” time posted? If so, why would they do that?

1 Like

FWIW my thoughts: in the future the same app will either allow guests to obtain a FP or monitor their FP

So they want to distinguish between:
A. you don’t have a FP for this ride so you’ll spend X minutes in the Standby Line
and
B. congrats! you have X much time left until your FP window opens

2 Likes

Did it say “Standby” pre-covid? I don’t remember, I probably never even thought to notice what it said before

1 Like

I’m now thinking that if this is going to be the Shanghai Access+ then the Lightning Pass that was talked about could be the top tier.

At $20 an FP that $300 would cover all / most rides in MK with FP. And you get to ride each one once.

The same options at other parks would be less.

1 Like

It’s interesting reading about Shanghai Disney’s Standby Pass, Fastpass, & Premier Access (pay). You have to enter the park first before you can reserve any of them. The Standby Pass is required at 4 attractions during the peak 5 hours of busy days. I don’t see how many of each of these 3 passes you can get, so maybe just 1 each unless more become available?

1 Like

It’s more the Access+ that I was meaning.

Buying bundles or single FPS. As I said before, they could allow you to book them early for onsite or at different dates like FP. So details may differ.

Like DLP to here could be free FPs too. Tho at Shanghai they got rid of them.

1 Like

Oh, must have been an old page I was looking at. Thanks!

Last night people started posted screen shots of the app actually loading fast pass choices (FPP screen with times). I just wish they would say something. Planning a trip at the end of the month is very different with fast passes.

3 Likes

It’s just puzzling to me why they have the same exact FPP details on the app after 15 months of no use if it was going to be different upon returning. :thinking:

3 Likes

I get this:

So, they never replaced the FP page in their system, but added the warning that it is not available. This suggests to me it isn’t necessarily coming back in the pre COVID form.

2 Likes

Niter posted this last night. This popped up in his app

4 Likes

Now when I went back in, that box did also pop up for me.

If anything comes back soon regarding this, we will definitely be paying for these. They won’t be free anymore.

Well I hope they don’t make FP at 60 days for on-site or that will make it complicated getting both FP and ADRs. They would need to either change the day of FP or ADR bookings.

2 Likes

I can still see them having some kind of free option if they don’t return to the previous system.

2 Likes

That looks like the old system popping up. Interesting.

2 Likes

I was thinking about this (well, about APRs, not ADRs), and the fact that Disney has basically said that APRs will be continuing indefinitely (as in, they didn’t provide an end date). The APR system seems like it gives Disney the same type of insight into guest attendance as they previously got from the FPP system.

This further suggests that the need for the FPP, as far as Disney is concerned, is no longer really any advantage as long as they continue with the APR system. And actually, the APR system does a BETTER job of allowing them to manage crowds.

It has been said that the FPP system really exists, in Disney’s mind, to help them manage crowds. But now they have the APR system…and having both the FPP and ADR system is effectively redundant.

I can easily see, then, that Disney leaves the APR system in place indefinitely, allowing them to overhaul the FPP system (as has been discussed ad nauseum) without losing out on that crowd control aspect in the meantime.

3 Likes

I don’t think FP existed just for Disney to manage crowds. I think that was a side benefit. Otherwise, what was the point of the original paper FP?

2 Likes

The Paper system wasn’t, but the FPP system was.

If they did something where you have to enter the park first, the “early entry” for resort guests could be their way of giving on-site guests a “perk” (a pretty crappy one JUST IMO).

3 Likes