Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film

It would almost have to be. Part 2 was one of only two movies I’ve fallen asleep in the theater watching.

3 Likes

Remember when it was rumored Toy Story 4 was supposed to be a rom-com between Woody and Bo Peep? I lament the loss of that movie, it was probably our last chance for another Tom Hanks rom-com.

2 Likes

I didn’t dislike Part 2 as much as most people did, but I can certainly see the flaws. Way too complicated of a plot and didn’t execute the “plot twists” very well. Still, I think we take the world building and spectacle for granted. There’s a lot to enjoy.

1 Like

I felt it was better than 2, but not as good as 1.

But it didn’t have a satisfying ending, to me. Only part of the story is done, but not the main plot element which is the whole reason this series exists. (Well, other than to make money for the studio.)

I hope they are least make 4, knowing they aren’t going to have a 5, so that they can wrap up the story properly.

1 Like

I agree, but when I say “satisfying,” I mean in a more limited sense. Obviously the story the series is telling ends in 1945. But they made this one clean enough to tie up all the internal loose ends so that they could theoretically leave the rest undone. It didn’t end on a cliffhanger. I suspect they would need at least two more films to finish the rest of that story but I will be happy if we get one.

I definitely had a crush on Robin Hood but that’s where it ended :joy: There’s a show here called Comedians Giving Lectures where they are given just the title of a real lecture and have to make up their own. I don’t remember the title but one guy did a top ten sexiest cartoon characters as part of his and it was so relatable :joy::joy:

7 Likes

He looks a bit creepy, which I’m hoping is the intention. I would love to meet the Robinhood gang at Disney. Is there Robinhood theme anywhere in the parks? I haven’t noticed it.

1 Like

They say it down here in the south a lot. But, people say New Orleans and New York have similarities with the way we talk.

3 Likes

I’ve heard this expression (don’t remember where - maybe a movie?) but it is not widely used in any of the places I have lived (mostly the western U.S.).

1 Like

It made the rounds in the southeastern US for sure.

1 Like

Which part: itchy or all get out?

1 Like

“[adjective] as all get out”

1 Like

I’ve used that phrase before, but have no idea where it came from. I’ve lived all over the US and the world. I picked up phrases from all over.

1 Like

This web page has an explanation of the origin of “all get out.” It was used in several sources in the United States (including Indiana, Texas, etc.) in the 1850s before being used by Mark Twain in Huckleberry Finn in 1884. So it’s an old expression that apparently still persists in some areas.

2 Likes

Meet The Robinson’s fans, just saw this on Tammy Tuckey’s tweeter.

https://twitter.com/TammyTuckey/status/1522561823395901441?s=20&t=0449p59RZbXzoZsrFVvVNA

5 Likes

Has it really been 15 years?!?! :scream_cat:

ETF: typo

2 Likes

I’m actually surprised it has only been 15 years.

1 Like

Can we really put a figure on it when we’re talking about time travel?? :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4::rofl:

6 Likes

Round 2 is live! Thanks everyone for voting in Round 1! We had at least 140 participants, which is pretty good.

3 Likes

For those asking for a Pixar poll, here it is!!

And @janamelia, I even added the ability to vote for up to three options!

3 Likes