Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film

Yes, me, too.

2 Likes

I can’t remember. I think they were all just different adventures rather than each year of school.

There was an amazing movie made with Diana Rigg and Tim Curry :heart_eyes: I watch it every Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

And me. I read them to my oldest, who is not much younger than @katielouhou.

5 Likes

Was it the first princess movie without a prince? The movie is just so empowering. Especially for girls.

This was why I liked Brave which came first be it Pixar…she didn’t want a stupid prince and she didn’t have to have one.

6 Likes

Also, to be fair Princess and the Frog, Tiana cared more about her dream of owning a business than finding a man, so while there was a prince, he was a side mission. :wink: Disney worked their way up to women are looking for more than just romance ever so slowly beginning with Belle loving to read and wanting adventures and just happening to fall in love with a furry beast that she didn’t know was human let alone a prince…lol

11 Likes

I like that Disney has empowered their princesses and step back from the dependence on princes.

But I also think in general films have stepped away from romance a bit too much. Love and romance are still important aspects of people’s lives, and yet most blockbusters these days don’t have a romance. It’s kind of an extreme retreat into platonicism. Rom-coms are a lost art form outside of Hallmark.

(Sorry, that was an unrelated pet peeve of mine. :joy:)

7 Likes

Seeing Beauty and the Beast in theaters is my first memory from childhood. I unabashedly love that movie. It’s a perfect film and I will never shirk an opportunity to say so lol.

2 Likes

Figured out about 40 posts ago that you really are a romantic. That is rather refreshing - maybe mostly because you own it so much. :sparkling_heart:

For me, rom coms have seldom beat out a good action adventure movie. I think one of the reasons I really like Capt Marvel is the deep friendship between Carol and Fury.

5 Likes

Justice for Treasure Planet. Wildly underrated movie that can stand toe-to-toe with movies from the Renaissance period.

4 Likes

I always kinda overlook this point. :joy: I don’t think I could ever fall in love with, say, a talking bear just because it went from mean to nice. It’s still a damn bear. Still my favorite film, but now I must reconcile this aspect better in my mind. :rofl:

7 Likes

Furries is a thing LOL

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting 190 posts for someone to say this. :+1:

2 Likes

The whole movement could probably be traced back to Robin Hood. LOL

5 Likes

Please elaborate lol

1 Like

Kids who grew up watching Robin Hood ended up getting crushes on Robin and Maid Marian and developed a subculture from there. I’ll leave it at that since it is not my area of expertise, to say the least. :joy: But you can google it and find out much more if you are so inclined. Just … don’t use your work computer. LOL

9 Likes

:flushed: I was one of those kids who grew up watching Robin Hood. Not my kink though, seems my fox crushes weren’t deep enough to propel me into the subculture :rofl:. No shame, just not my personal preference :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

6 Likes

This seriously made me laugh out loud :rofl:

2 Likes

I haven’t, but I’ll check that out! Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Speaking which…just went to see The Secrets of Dumbledore literally a few hours ago!

3 Likes

I saw it opening weekend and loved it! I hope you liked it. It was definitely a step up from movie 2 in the series. I want them to finish the story but it isn’t doing great at the box office so I’m worried. At least they had a satisfying ending if this ends up being the last one.