Poll Time! Best Pixar Film

If you missed the Disney Animation Poll, I’m sorry to report it has closed. But never fear! As promised, today we will kick off our Pixar poll!

I’ve split the poll in two for the simple reason that the forum software doesn’t allow more than 20 entries in a single poll. As an experiment, I’m allowing you to vote for up to THREE OPTIONS in each poll. You can vote for as few as one or two if you want. Vote for whichever films you’d like to advance to the next round.

What is the best Pixar film?

Poll 1

• Toy Story (1995)
  • A Bug’s Life (1998)
  • Toy Story 2 (1999)
  • Monsters, Inc. (2001)
  • Finding Nemo (2003)
  • The Incredibles (2004)
  • Cars (2006)
  • Ratatouille (2007)
  • WALL-E (2008)
  • Up (2009)
  • Toy Story 3 (2010)
  • Cars 2 (2011)

0 voters

Poll 2

• Brave (2012)
  • Monsters University (2013)
  • Inside Out (2015)
  • The Good Dinosaur (2015)
  • Finding Dory (2016)
  • Cars 3 (2017)
  • Coco (2017)
  • Incredibles 2 (2018)
  • Toy Story 4 (2019)
  • Onward (2020)
  • Soul (2020)
  • Luca (2021)
  • Turning Red (2022)

0 voters

Any option receiving 15% of the vote or more will advance to the next round.

Remember, the votes are not as important as the discussion! Please defend your choices, or the films you did NOT choose, below!!

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
3 Likes

Just for fun, I have one more poll. Which is the best Pixar SEQUEL? Again, you can vote thrice.

• Toy Story 2 (1999)
  • Toy Story 3 (2010)
  • Toy Story 4 (2019)
  • Monsters University (2013)
  • Cars 2 (2011)
  • Cars 3 (2017)
  • Incredibles 2 (2018)
  • Finding Dory (2016)

0 voters

(I hope I didn’t miss one. :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I only voted for one in each category, since there was only one choice in each category worthy to be number one.

2 Likes

Gosh, those were hard to choose, especially in poll 2.

2 Likes

Really? To me, there wasn’t even a hint of second guessing in poll 2. For poll 1, I had a clear first pick, but could see reasons others might choose other options!

1 Like

I had a hard time choosing between Onward and Soul. Brave and Inside Out are my two favorites of all time.

Oh. I’ll allow it. I didn’t even bother with a second or third choice, because everything else pales by comparison to Inside Out and Incredibles.

2 Likes

Apparently as my daughter got older I stopped watching animated movies. Didn’t vote in poll 2 as I’ve only watched three of the choices. Poll 1 is harder as all are good. I do have my sentimental favorites.

1 Like

Yes!! I’m so happy for this experiment! I have serious decision paralysis when it comes to just picking one of about anything :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m so mad. I didn’t read and voted for just one on first polls!

2 Likes

Ok. Fixed it.

Second poll was hard for me. Glad you asked about the sequels.

Some of my favorite movies are in the second poll.

I love Dory’s parents, but it would be my fourth favorite.

3 Likes

I’m having a much harder time with poll 1 for some reason :woman_shrugging:t2:. Brave and Inside Out were easy picks for me in poll 2, and Coco wasn’t too hard to choose as the third either

3 Likes

On the sequels I was close to picking Toy Story 3, but I was wrecked when I thought they were really going to die in the inferno crusher thingy. I’m not over it.

10 Likes

I had clear favorites in the two eras and I really don’t think they need explanation but seriously talking dogs and ghosts/color/great music plus a dog. Easy choices. The sequels were harder but Toy Story 3 really hit home for me because I was going thru a divorce at the time and my ex-hubby did not choose family so it was close to home with its message that aligned with my morals/values so I went with that.

2 Likes

There’s only one winner in poll 2, I didn’t need any other options.

3 Likes

Didn’t vote yet, but seeing them all listed like that I apparently have to schedule some time w/ Disney+ to watch The Good Dinosaur, Coco, Onward, Soul, and Turning Red.

…hangs head in shame.

2 Likes

This is still early, but I am really truly surprised The Incredibles isn’t automatically in the top for some people. I don’t understand how it isn’t. That film was brilliant on so many levels. I probably have watched it as many times as all the rest combined! (Sadly, The Incredibles 2 doesn’t even deserve an honorable mention.)

5 Likes

I also only voted for 2 in poll 1. I guess I’m not much of a Pixar fan. Most of these I wouldn’t watch again.

1 Like

What?! Incredibles 2 was on tv this past weekend. I forgot how funny it is. If I didn’t just see it again I probably would have passed over it in my voting.

2 Likes

It was…fine. I watched it a couple times, but just didn’t match the heart and soul of the first.

1 Like