Poll Time! Best Themed Land in WDW?

You what now? Skip THE Star Wars Trilogy? No!

You can throw the rest in the garbage, that’s okay. Watch 4 then watch 5. If you don’t like Empire Strikes back, then fine, don’t watch Return of the Jedi. You’d be wrong, but at least you’d have tried.

:rofl:

7 Likes

Oh wow, I’m agreeing with faceless, too!

5 Likes

I mean the ones that premiered in that order. I saw the original 3 produced. And yes, I know who shot first!

4 Likes

I saw the original 3, its the next 3 Ive been told are meehhh

4 Likes

The third one wasn’t too bad. The first two were gimpy.

1 Like

I agree with your assessment. Although episode 3 isn’t as bad as 1 and 2. And despite some flaws, I rather liked 7, 8, and 9. But it is subjective, for sure. I get in heated debates with my DS21 about the final three. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I LOVE every single Star Wars movie. They all have pros and cons depending on the audience. The prequels are lots of fun as long as you can look past the cheesy dialogue and don’t mind lots of CG. The sequels are a good middle ground (but I agree people can be opinionated about them!)

3 Likes

Ok, I mean movie in order of production, we had this discuss about 9 or so months ago. I was to watch the first 3 (production order). I was also told the next 3 (Phantom, Clones, Sith) we ok to watch or skip. :grin:
Edit: This was a convo about a year ago with @Pod. Yall schooled me on Star Wars. There was some talk about Rosebud but Ive only been able to watch 2 of the classic movies on the LOOONNNGGG list.

6 Likes

Didn’t Star Wars fans basically shame the actor who played young Anakin so badly that he left acting?

2 Likes

Just deflect by taking a strong anti-Ewok position and he’ll forget all about it

2 Likes

Worse than that. He had a very troubled adolescence and seems to have mental health issues as an adult. Poor guy. I wish people would remember that celebrities are human and be kind.

2 Likes

Maybe? But this statement is misleading in that typically when I hear fans I’m thinking adult fans. He was overwhelmingly made fun of by his peers at school. So while they may have liked the movies, more Iikely they were predominantly little a-holes. (Can I say that? Where are the terms of use when you need them?)

I think he also reported that he was overwhelmed by the press interviews. Way too many for a little boy.

2 Likes

Though I love HS for the rides, AK is better theming. TSL is full of great details but there are always too many people there for me to fully appreciate them. So there’s your answer @Jeff_AZ!

1 Like

Interestingly, we watched the entire E.R. series last year, and I was surprised to see the same actor played a guest role on it for several episodes (before he ever did Star Wars).

Anyhow, as an adult, he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

1 Like

Probably redundant when talking about adolescent boys :rofl:

4 Likes

I voted for the much maligned DinoLand. Not that it is the best land ever, but it is a great representation of the backstory that it is supposed to represent. The Dino Institute drops in nearby (Dinosaur ride) and the locals (Chester & Hester) come up with a bunch of novelty items to exploit the interest in dinosaurs. It does a great job at capturing that cheap carnival atmosphere. Now it will be interesting how it changes going forward with the main ride being closed.

So I don’t think it is the Best land, but it is well themed which was the initial question. I haven’t seen SWGE yet either FWIW.

1 Like

Is it well themed if visitors don’t get it without it being explained to them though?

2 Likes

Valid point - but do you really want your theming only for the lowest common denominator? Chester & Hester built a land for the theme park connoisseur who can appreciate the subtleties of exotic design. A detailed back story that you have to work like a master detective to decode.

In part I love that Disney spent time thinking about all this esoteric back story theming which is interwoven throughout the land but is far from obvious. While a Six Flags is like - here’s a floom ride - theming? Nah - we don’t need theming - they’ll have fun getting wet…

1 Like

You’re not selling it to me :joy:

4 Likes

I just created a new thread to follow up with a final round! SWGE and Pandora moved on.