Poll Time! Best Themed Land at WDW? FINAL ROUND

With all the real life polls, I took a little break from my latest tournament. So now we need to do a run-off to determine the best themed land at WDW! (Here is a link to Round 1.)

There were only two lands that got greater than 15%, so this is the final matchup!

Which land at WDW has the best theming?

• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (HS)
  • Pandora - the World of Avatar (AK)

0 voters

Use any and all criteria to judge for yourself and answer the question of which is "best.” Also, feel free to qualify and expand on your answer below.

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
2 Likes

No contest. SWGE blows Pandora out of the water. Pandora is pretty, but ultimately ho hum. Mostly plants with lights.

6 Likes

What @ryan1 said… and I hearted it too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

While I don’t think pandora is ho hum, I do agree that SWGE is amazing

3 Likes

I agree - I think it’s a close race. But ultimately I give the edge to Star Wars due to the scale, detail, offerings, and the specific IP that is more appealing to me.

1 Like

the results of your poll disagree :thinking::smirk::rofl:

1 Like

I’m just being polite to the Pandora lovers. :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rank theming as follows:

9.5 - SWGE
9 - Totality of both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley
7 - Pandora

Might have recency bias though, as I didn’t go to UOR this time. First two might flip back and forth for me.

3 Likes

I’m not voting.

:rage:

4 Likes

Of all the themed lands I have experienced, for me personally cars land in DLR is the most immersive. Now keep in mind I had to watch that movie easily a 1000 times with my boys when they were little and just being there evokes so much nostalgia. There is nothing like eating at flo’s in the morning or watching Shaboom at dusk. But I realize that my opinion is skewed by my personal experience.

From the options given, I have to give it to SWGE. I think Pandora takes you to a new beautiful land, but is limited in how immersive it is. When in SWGE you feel a part of it as storm troopers stop you and you see Ray hiding. You become a part of the story. I remember going there with my birthday button on and them wishing me a good “origination day!”

5 Likes

I would have a tough time choosing between Cars Land and SWGE. I have yet to experience the shaboom. We just forget or aren’t in the right place at the right time. I need to prioritize that next time I’m there. (Saying prayers that it isn’t too far away!)

4 Likes

So glad I am not alone!

2 Likes

Say that to Joe Rohde’s face.

2 Likes

This is the only way I can explain nonsense like this:

1 Like

I thought SWGE was impressive, but I’m surprised Pandora isn’t getting more love! It’s so whimsical. They literally created new plant species and floating rock islands in the sky!

2 Likes

In theory I agree with you, but my heart 100% belongs to Star Wars (oh, and my wife and kids …) so I could never say I favor Cars land over Galaxy’s Edge. However, Cars Land is perfectly executed and a lot of fun, with one of my favorite “grown up” rides and two really fun kids’ rides. (GE could use a couple of kid rides like that, TBH.)

3 Likes

Oh man, I just remembered that area where you can stand and watch the cars go by and you feel like you’re actually in red rock country, especially at night with the lighting! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I think I might just be turning into a Disney snob, where my first glimpse of Pandora was that of inspired amazement, but every subsequent visit has only been meh, and I only really care about getting on FoP, which has yet to diminish itself at all yet for me the way the land overall has.

2 Likes

Pandora deserves lots of love! Out of all the lands it got the second highest share of the vote. :slight_smile: I do think it’s an engineering marvel and a gorgeous land. It’s a testament to the land that it was able to take an IP that no one really cares about (despite being the most successful box office hit of all time) and turn it into something that is the top or near top priority for most guests to WDW.

2 Likes