Poll Time! Best Show or Parade in AK?

It’s time for the next park in our Best Show or Parade poll series! Today it’s Animal Kingdom.

If you could only experience one show or parade at Animal Kingdom, which would you choose?

• Bollywood Beats
  • Discovery Island Carnivale
  • Divine
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Finding Nemo - The Musical
  • Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party
  • Harambe Village Acrobats
  • Harambe Wildlife Parti
  • Karibu Sisters
  • Kora Tinga Tinga
  • Muziki
  • Pandora Drummers - Swotu Waya
  • Pandora Rangers
  • Rivers of Light
  • Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe
  • The Animation Experience
  • UP! A Great Bird Adventure
  • Viva Gaia Street Band
  • Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight

0 voters

Note: I included all “Shows, Parades & Diversions” from the personalized touring plans wizard that can be characterized as a show or parade (I excluded “diversions”). I excluded anything that has previously been included in the Best Ride or Best Non-Ride Attraction polls.

1 Like

I’m keeping tabs of how long we go before someone votes for Rivers of Light. :joy:

4 Likes

There are so many great choices in AK for shows.

2 Likes

We listen to the Finding Nemo the Musical soundtrack weekly in our house, so it was an obvious choice for me :joy:. #fisharefriendsnotfood

2 Likes

That was hard - I wish we could split for like larger and smaller shows. I love FOTLK but I also really like Winged Encounters.

3 Likes

Yay to the Finding Nemo the Musical lovers! Have you watched the one day at Disney short with the lady who plays Dory? The only think I don’t like is they don’t use the music from the actual musical.

4 Likes

I love Broadway shows but I typically don’t like to spend my time at Disney World watching shows, since it takes away from my favorite part - rides! But when we were there with our little kids we decided a couple of shows would be nice to give us an opportunity to rest with A/C. I wasn’t expecting much for Nemo but it was SO GOOD! Even better than FOTLK, IMHO.

The One Day at Disney short was excellent. The only problem with that show is that now I can’t help but think that everyone they talked to is probably now furloughed. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

I haven’t! We are in need of new things to watch, so I am definitely adding it to the list. I’m so impressed with those actors who run around, sing, and fly all while managing those big puppets!

2 Likes

Tough, I so want to love Up! But Nemo finding Dad, can’t not…

1 Like

I cannot vote. Everything I have seen was absolute torture.

2 Likes

FOTLK has a special spot from me. Out first trip my then DD5 was selected for front row and got to dance. Then 2 yrs later, she was slected to dance at the end and was held back to give Timon a big hug. That show has been gold to us, great memories!

1 Like

My first trip was adult only- we saw both FOTLK and Finding Nemo. We thought FOTLK was rather “meh” and loved Finding Nemo, so that’s my vote.

However, going back with a two year old and only being able to choose one, we are choosing FOTLK just based on others’ reviews with 2 year olds

2 Likes

I enjoyed everything we saw, but none of them really stood out clearly as head and shoulders above the rest.

So I voted for Rivers of Light. Just to poke @Jeff_AZ.

2 Likes

Oho! It only took 44 voters to get there! :joy::wink:

I voted for Up!

Partly to annoy everyone, but mostly because it (genuinely) moved me almost to tears. The birds were stunning. And I love animals. And that’s the point of Animal Kingdom.

2 Likes

I liked the old bird show a lot. The new one almost got my vote. But if I never saw it again I’d be ok. So I didn’t vote.
I like birds.

2 Likes

Definitely Pandora Rangers for us. We saw the show twice. The second time my oldest was chosen to be “in” the show with the ranger. It was so cool. At the end when they let everyone take a picture with his is also awesome! "Skapooooosh!’ (or whatever they say) haha

1 Like

I have a confession. I have never watched FOTLK or Finding Nemo so I couldn’t vote for them. I voted for the Animation Experience because it brings back good memories of the old MGM Studios.

3 Likes

Truth is, I love both. I love the artistry of Nemo better than FOTLK. It feels more Broadway-sh. But, when it comes down to it, if I were forced to pick only ONE, I’d go with FOTLK because it has one element that Nemo doesn’t…a bit of audience involvement. The audience feels almost a PART of the experience, whereas with Nemo, you are just watching. It is a minor thing, though. I could just as easily be swayed to Nemo.

3 Likes

Well shoot. Apparently I voted whilst scrolling up the page! :rage: So discount my vote for something I’ve never even heard of and add it to the Carnivale please! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like