Poll Time! Best Ride at AK?

I must admit, we did feel a bit dizzy at this point :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I get sick from the ride going backwards. I’ll ride it once when I’m there next time with DS since he wasn’t “feeling it” last trip.

1 Like

The holiday ones taste better because there’s more peanut butter. Yum!

3 Likes

The absolute worst attraction in all Disney parks ever.

1 Like

I never thought about that, but you’re absolutely right! :joy: I just have to learn to ignore the shape.

2 Likes

I’m not sure it’s the quantity of peanut butter, but it definitely has a better pb/ chocolate ratio.

I can tell you the giant 2 lb ones aren’t very good.

3 Likes

False! That title is held by the Tomorrowland Speedway

3 Likes

I didn’t hate FOP, but my mom and were one and done. Just such a stupid-long queue. We got same day drops later in the day and my four girls rode, then the two oldest used my mom’s and my FPP to ride a third time through.

I used to love EE but it shook me up badly this year. I’m not as sturdy as I used to be.

I picked KS, though it did make me a little car sick this time. I didn’t realize how little I like to ride at the parks until you started these threads!!!

2 Likes

Yes! The speedway is fun for my 5 year old. But I can sit in bumper to bumper traffic, driving behind slow cars on a smog and gasoline-fume filled road at home. For free.

5 Likes

Now that I am reading the posts I see that I am not the only one that found FOP overrated or nauseating! I really thought it was just me!

I love EE, but I have developed chronic neck pain over the last two years (in the three years since my WDW trips). It’s sad what it’s done to my riding joy.

4 Likes

I honestlyy have to wonder out loud if something is terribly wrong with anybody who didn’t vote for FOP. Have they been kidnapped and forced to vote against their will? Has their computer been hacked and have ransomware that they have not paid for the rights to the computer back yet? Did someone pass out and their head hit the keyboard and it hit something else by accident?

These are serious questions, folks.

4 Likes

I know “It’s Tough to Be a Bug” isn’t a ride, but I just want to weigh in on how much I do not enjoy it. I work in NYC and gross smells and liquids dropping on me unexpectedly are daily occurrences I don’t really need to relive on vacation. I’m cringing in anticipation just writing this response.

6 Likes

Ha ha! I appreciate the ingenuity of Flight of Passage. The film is really cool and the banshees are amazing. But since it makes me sick, I can’t give it the highest marks. Also, I hope someday they update the film when CGI progresses to look more realistic rather than like a video game. It’s impressive given technology, but still clearly fake.

Expedition Everest is a real, expertly designed ride that takes you somewhere. It’s smooth yet thrilling. Even Disco Yeti is impressive. The mood and atmosphere of the ride are incredible. It’s one of the best roller coasters I’ve ever ridden, even without inversions or high speed launch, etc.

3 Likes

Disney after hours: they made us do the preshow, not get on the ride, get into line, preshow again…I hate that preshow.

4 Likes

I can only speak for myself but no, no, no and no. At the end of the day it’s a simulator ride. I prefer coasters. We rode EE 8 times on our AK afternoon, and I could have kept going but the park shut. We did FOP twice and it was plenty.

7 Likes

Primeval Whirl is more fun than Dinosaur and Everest combined. :wink:

But the question is one ride so I’d probably have to say Safari. :thinking:

Altho - and perhaps more upsetting? - I could easily go to AK or Epcot and ride no rides. And - more upsetting? - could probably skip HS completely and be satisfied. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Since I’ve been going to MK for over 45 years there might be a ride or three I’d miss if it weren’t open. Well, maybe only one. :smile:

3 Likes

This is probably an unpopular thing to say, but I feel the same way! I love SDD, and GE is pretty awesome (though I have yet to ride RotR), but it’s still my least favorite park by a wide margin. I can’t explain why.

2 Likes

I love EE and we rode 10x in a row too! But it did make me nauseated. Still love it though!

1 Like

We rode it 6 times at rope drop. Then I had to herd the kids to use FPP for Flight of Passage.

We returned for our EE FPP in late afternoon and because the wait was only 10-15 min we thought ‘we might as well make it the round number!’

Was not planned at all!

2 Likes

We rode it during after hours and my DS was determined to ride it 10x back to back.

3 Likes