Poll Time! Best Ride at AK?

I am in the same boat (or banshee). I liked it, but it didn’t wow me. The breathing was crushing my already swollen knee and drawing me out of the experience. We had a second fp on another day that we traded in for NRJ fp instead and I have no regrets.

3 Likes

I love GE and my favorite ride anywhere is ToT but the reason HS is my least favorite park is because the atmosphere isn’t as immersive. It still has the feel of a studio lot in a lot of places - facades and cheap boxy buildings.

2 Likes

I :heart: HS - is that poll next?
I realized after our 2016 trip how much I loved it and that was even before TSL and SWGE.

3 Likes

I’ll probably do the HS poll tomorrow!

3 Likes

My all time favorite ride is here - RnRC. I love the mag-lev acceleration and, while I hate drops, I love 360 loops. The worst thing about RnRC is the ride photo which is during acceleration and thus has my older cheeks covering my ears. :relaxed:

I feel the Mouse in my pocket after my money more in this park than any other. I guess I’m just not a ‘movie’ person. The yoke of disbelief is seldom lifted here.

2 Likes

Nice turn of phrase. I’m with you on this, but I’ll wait to share my rationale until the DHS poll.

At AK, I love FOP. I used to love EE, but now I need a neck brace to ride it and I bet they wouldn’t let me on with that.

2 Likes

Got the yoke of disbelief from Stephen King’s Danse Macabre. It IS a nice turn of phrase.

2 Likes

That’s kind of funny, because I was thinking that a description of FOP was “far above our poor power to add or detract,” but thought it a little sacrilegous, which it probably still is.

Rote memorization might be unfashionable these days, but almost 50 years later I still remember the Gettysburg Address because Mrs. Schofield made me memorize it in 4th grade. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Are you all forgetting about Figment?

1 Like

Actually, this is what I MISS about Hollywood Studios (back to when it was Disney’s MGM Studios…or even just MGM Studios). It used to actually feel like it was about making movies, from the backlot tour to the building facades, etc. You kind of felt like you were getting access to a actual movie studio lot.

Then, over time, they slowly whittled away at that image and started transforming it into something else entirely. Now? I don’t know…it has no distinct identity any longer. Granted, it has a lot of cool stuff now, but it is no longer a cohesive park. In many ways, it suffered in the same way EPCOT lost its original vision.

There have been rumors here and there that Disney might change the name of the park again. I think they should. For example, I think “Hollywood Adventures” or something similar is more apt than “Hollywood Studios”.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the vote is rigged since so many are coming out against FOP. Clearly the best ride is DINOSAUR and everyone just needs to come to grips with that fact.

3 Likes

I’m familiar with figment, and stand by my statement.

Figment is air conditioned and has no exhaust fumes.

2 Likes

Both statements are true…but at least with Speedway I know what I’m riding, and I come off it experiencing what I knew I would.

Figment, you have no idea what to expect, and when you get off of it, you’re left going, “Huh?”

2 Likes

Well, that was the Golden Girls house, so…

2 Likes

Also, at Tomorrowland Speedway, my kids can drive. They can’t drive in real life yet, so it is exciting to them and I enjoy seeing them have fun on it. Though, I will admit, they are horrible drivers.

2 Likes

Wait. Are you calling the ride a “horror” ride, then? :wink: (Four of my five kids now have their driver’s license…which is scary.)

But, yes. I mean, last spring when we were at Cedar Point, and I went on the old fashioned cars with my DS9, it was fun to sit there as he tried his hardest to be a good chauffeur. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They CAN you just don’t let them :grin:

3 Likes

I agree - the studio facade was nice when it was a studio. Without the studio theme, it just looks cheap. The nicest areas of the park are SWGE and TSL, so hopefully they’ll retheme the remaining areas a bit or at least add more foliage and decor.

A walk down Sunset Boulevard is still pretty pleasing to me.

4 Likes

Agreed.

:heart: this park. It was a two day park for us before the TSL and GE additions.

3 Likes