Poll Time! Best Quick Service Restaurant in MK?

I voted for MSB because Frappuccino.

I found CHH to be entirely ordinary. Don’t get the love for it.

1 Like

Fully indoors and quiet upstairs?

1 Like

We ate at CHH twice. The first time I was expecting amazing food, it was not. We went back a few days later thinking it must have been a bad night the first time. When it reopens, we will not return.

2 Likes

Yup. Lobster roll and everything.

This is how I feel about Pecos Bill’s. Very mediocre Mexican food, IMO. Better than Taco Bell, but not better than Chipotle, for example (which is a low bar, IMO). Mediocre Mexican is worse than no Mexican.

4 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building, here’s my love for CHH in a nutshell:

In world of crappy qs choices at MK, the CHH tuna salad sammich with chips was the tallest midget. Basically it was just a holdover meal between Dole Whip Floats / Sleepy Hollow Spicy Chicken Waffles and a decent dinner outside of the park somewhere.

2 Likes

I completely understand what you are saying, but, I’d rank Taco Bell higher than Pecos.

2 Likes

I don’t know what you mean.

1 Like

Eh? What’s not to get? I ate upstairs like you asked and I had the lobster roll.

1 Like

I didn’t know if it was a sarcastic thing like lobster in an amusement park was droll…
I dunno. I’m tired.
I’ve eaten there and it was nice to have the upstairs for ourselves. And bathroom access. But I haven’t gone out of my way to make sure I eat there.
I only make sure I stop by Starbucks… everything QS after that is fuel more than anything.
Heh. Startbucks is too, I guess.

1 Like

Oh - I get it now.
I was not asking you… I was guessing. Maybe what makes it a favorite is that it is fully indoors and is quiet.

1 Like

The point I was trying to make was that I had the textbook best CHH experience you can have and still thought it was meh.

3 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building
If you find yourself nearby, and needing food and it is open - if you like a tuna salad sammich, you could definitely do worse. IMO, food at MK is more about damage control for the prices than eating well. Though I do like that spicy chicken waffle - hold the sugar slaw, though.

2 Likes

Cosmic Ray’s purely out of nostalgia. I remember going there when it was brand new and it was the coolest thing ever.

It’s almost become a tradition that our first day park is MK, and since we are usually up super early, we are ready for lunch at Cosmic Ray’s when it opens at 10.30 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if the record still stands, but at one point in time Cosmic Ray’s was the busiest restaurant in the entire US, and the 3rd busiest in the world (revenue based).

Which is why I avoid it as much as possible, even though I enjoy their food.

5 Likes

Just added a poll for Epcot quick service!

Columbia Harbor House chicken pot pie, baby!!

3 Likes

Wow, didn’t know that!

We usually go well ahead regular lunch time so we avoid the hassle. Last time, we were literally the first people in and at the counter, probably out by 11am

1 Like

My first Mickey waffle was at Sleepy Hollow this past August. It was a transformative experience! My mission is to see a QS waffle place at DLR.

5 Likes

A waffle as a transformative experience??? :face_with_monocle::flushed:

2 Likes