Poll Time! Best Quick Service Restaurant in MK?

Oh - I get it now.
I was not asking you… I was guessing. Maybe what makes it a favorite is that it is fully indoors and is quiet.

1 Like

The point I was trying to make was that I had the textbook best CHH experience you can have and still thought it was meh.

3 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building
If you find yourself nearby, and needing food and it is open - if you like a tuna salad sammich, you could definitely do worse. IMO, food at MK is more about damage control for the prices than eating well. Though I do like that spicy chicken waffle - hold the sugar slaw, though.

2 Likes

Cosmic Ray’s purely out of nostalgia. I remember going there when it was brand new and it was the coolest thing ever.

It’s almost become a tradition that our first day park is MK, and since we are usually up super early, we are ready for lunch at Cosmic Ray’s when it opens at 10.30 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if the record still stands, but at one point in time Cosmic Ray’s was the busiest restaurant in the entire US, and the 3rd busiest in the world (revenue based).

Which is why I avoid it as much as possible, even though I enjoy their food.

5 Likes

Just added a poll for Epcot quick service!

Columbia Harbor House chicken pot pie, baby!!

3 Likes

Wow, didn’t know that!

We usually go well ahead regular lunch time so we avoid the hassle. Last time, we were literally the first people in and at the counter, probably out by 11am

1 Like

My first Mickey waffle was at Sleepy Hollow this past August. It was a transformative experience! My mission is to see a QS waffle place at DLR.

5 Likes

A waffle as a transformative experience??? :face_with_monocle::flushed:

2 Likes

Yes. It’s very possible.

I had the spicy and sweet chicken waffle a few years back. I died.

I need to get the Nutella and fruit waffle.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes. As in I was obsessively thinking about it until I could go back and have it again in October. Soooo disappointed that the Mickey waffle with whipped cream and strawberries was not on the menu in January. Although, @Dreamer did ask and they had the Nutella and fruit waffle and I had a few bites of that, so was appeased. Before that I couldn’t understand the Mickey waffle following. One bite and I was a convert!

5 Likes

Geyser is amazing!

2 Likes

Late to the MK party, @Jeff_AZ, but since you’re planning and all… and I think your kids are close-ish in age to mine?! (5 and 2)… the poll here is correct. People can argue back and forth about food all day. I found the lobster roll at CHH to be totally good. But, with the littles? An upstairs table in the air conditioning without a ton of crowds? Plus a bathroom nearby with no wait? It was the exact respite we needed to push through the early afternoon. Add it to your list.

By the by, I think we already covered this and we’re going to miss one another, but just checking again on your May dates? We’re there 5/9-5/16.

2 Likes

But CHH is not currently open. So while I agree with everything you’ve said, it’s not going to be a good option unless it’s reopened by dates of travel.

2 Likes

For those that said CHH, what do you think of its menu available at Tomorrowland Terrace right now? How much is about the food vs setting?

1 Like

I have seen some reviews. The setting is outrageously loud from what the reviewers have said; one vlogger opted to use his ear buds to do the vlog because it cut down on some of the ambient noise which he said was nearly unbearable due to it being a virtual echo chamber.

Also the lobster roll, at least, was reportedly not as good there as in the actual CHH setting.

1 Like

I thought on this forum we were supposed to enable one another, not crush our dreams… sigh. A girl can hope it’s opened back up by May, no?!

1 Like

May is practically tomorrow. I’m not hopeful

1 Like