Poll Time! Best QS Restaurant in AK?

Sounds too much like Oompa Loompa. I’d be worried about what I was eating.

3 Likes

I can dish it out, but I can’t take it, so brace yourself.

I have dined at Michelin-starred restaurants (if you weren’t such an idiot American who doesn’t know about other countries, you’d know what those are) in both London and Paris, as well as well as the Five Diamond Victoria and Albert’s at Disney World.

My mother was a chef of sufficient quality that she cooked both for Prince Charles, and for John Major (if you weren’t such an idiot American who doesn’t know about other countries, you’d know that he was the British prime minster from 1992 to 1997).

I was friends with the editor of the hugely respected Good Food Guide in the 1990s and dined at a number of the restaurants they rated most highly.

So I think you’ll find I know something about good food.

Now, let’s turn to the US’s notoriously high quality cuisine. Oh wait. You people wouldn’t know good food if it was shoved down your fat, greedy gullets. Oh wait. It is. In grotesque quantities. Huge lumps of greasy repulsiveness and giant mounts of unnecessary sugar.

So, sure, you keep eating big fat old mounds of barbecued meat and thinking you have a sophisticated palate.

4 Likes

Wait, is that a restaurant that also sells tires? (Tyres if that helps :smiley: )

8 Likes

That’s awesome!

4 Likes

Gladly :rofl:

5 Likes

Side note: I went to the dentists office today where I endured half an hour of dental torture that left me literally shaking for hours afterwards. It still hurts now. This may partially explain my rage. Now would not be the time to make a “hilarious” comment about the quality of British dentistry.

6 Likes

Hope you feel better soon!

7 Likes

Oh yes, I got confused. I did eat it immediately, but I just didn’t care for it. I love pineapple, I love cream cheese, and I love real lumpia so maybe my expectations were too high.

1 Like

I have heard no commentary indicating that the quality of British dentistry is poor. Merely that an outsized portion British population chooses not to take advantage of it. :wink:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, this too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

3 Likes

Don’t get old is my advice. For 48 years I went to the dentist and never really needed any work doing. Other than a retainer as a kid and the occasional wisdom tooth. That record came crashing down a couple of years ago when they started yanking out teeth and stabbing my gums with needles.

And my eyes went at 47 when I discovered the “joy” of varifocals.

All I bloody want is to go to Disney World and still you bloody people won’t let me in the country. A ban that’s been in place for nearly a year and I hear no word of it being rescinded.

4 Likes

Thin ice, AZ, thin ice.

2 Likes

Same. I want things back to normal so I can really enjoy it.

2 Likes

I feel like I will have had eighteen months of my life stolen by this damned virus.

I won’t have seen my US friends in person for nearly two years.

2 Likes

(Sorry this gif was just too perfect! :joy:)

4 Likes

I barely know you and I share your outrage.

It makes me want to write a stern letter. Or kick someone in the shins.

I’m sorry about today. Dental pain is the absolute worst. Especially the recovery. If I could make it better, I would. No one deserves that.

5 Likes

My state just started vaccinating anyone 50 years old and up, which means it will be my turn soon. The end is near as long as we don’t find out the vaccine is useless.

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ has really let this thread get out of control. Keep it on topic! :wink:

4 Likes

Btw. The use of bold lettering made me delete my joke about Crisco before even hitting reply. It’s like when someone uses their serious voice.

1 Like

Me with Epcot.

Also, I credit Disney with starting my love of Indian food. Years ago, I tried a samosa at Tusker House. When I got home, I found an Indian restaurant near my house and repeatedly ordered take out samosas, afraid to try anything else. Finally, I decided to branch out and try more and it’s been love ever since.

4 Likes