Poll Time! Best QS Restaurant in AK?

Sorry, I’ve been distracted for a bit. It’s time for the next poll in the Quick Service Dining series … Animal Kingdom! There are a couple options here that I think will do well. Maybe you’ll surprise me? :thinking:

Here is the link to the Magic Kingdom poll, which will also link to the other polls in the series.

Which is your favorite quick service restaurant in Animal Kingdom?

• Creature Comforts
  • Dino Diner
  • Flame Tree Barbecue
  • Harambe Market
  • Mr. Kamal’s
  • Pizzafari
  • Restaurantosaurus
  • Satu’li Canteen
  • Tamu Tamu Refreshments
  • Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes

0 voters

Note: I included all quick service restaurants listed on the Touring Plans Animal Kingdom Dining web page. I did not include food stands or snack carts.

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
1 Like

This was a difficult choice for me, but I have a hard time passing up smoked meat.

3 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t vote Satu’li is an idiot and doesn’t deserve a vote.

5 Likes

What did you like there? I was super excited for the pineapple lumpia but didn’t care for it at all. Haven’t tried their savory food.

2 Likes

Flame tree’s ribs and onion rings are soo much better than they need to be for the price. I’ve never had anything else there. At Wallyworld, for the price, imo, one of the most solid options for a meal. If they could work on the slaw and beans, I’d say all in all, it’s a bargain, but the slaw and beans are pretty horrific.

4 Likes

Totally agree!

2 Likes

Don’t mention the lumpia or @ryan1 will go off on one.

I have the chicken and beef bowl with potatoes and ranch sauce.

1 Like

Must be one of those “Queen’s English” things, like how you guys use the term ‘pudding’ or say “Alyoominimuminmumuinmum” or whatever.

You spelled “Flame Tree” wrong.

7 Likes

I have looked at the bowls on the menu and I’m pretty positive I would enjoy them, but not my whole party. Flame Tree is a sure thing for everyone and a relatively good value. But yeah, the slaw was trash. I didn’t taste the beans as I only like homemade baked beans. The mac and cheese was surprisingly legit.

2 Likes

:joy: I can’t even tell you how long I watched Top Gear before I figured out what it was they were saying

3 Likes

I didn’t get the lumpia from Satuli, but from Pongu Pongu. Loved it. But you have to eat it right away. If you wait, it kind of gets ruined quickly.

1 Like

Unacceptable.

2 Likes

So, the polling is currently Flame Tree at 53% and Satu’li at 40%.

Which, if we’re following the US electoral system, means Satu’li wins.

That’s right. I went there.

17 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is an interesting poll.

We’ve been to AK exactly twice, once was a crazy hot humid day we didn’t even stay the duration and the second, much more pleasant trip, I remember being thoroughly unimpressed with food offering at any of the QS we tried. So much so that I don’t remember ANY of the QS that we tried except for one in Pandora and I only remember that because of the scenery.

I do remember we enjoyed Yak and Yeti for dinner. And I was thoroughly impressed with the fancy food offerings by Tiffin’s. I hadn’t found the forums yet so I didn’t know about THE spot, being fooled by the CM at the entrance telling me reservations were full but neglecting to tell me about the bar area.

I’ll try to snack at both Flame Tree and Satu’li next time I’m there. I gravitate more towards healthy fare, but I’ll never turn down a good smokehouse as a treat. Thanks for this poll, I never would have been able to figure out food for my AK day.

Also, where were these treats on @Randall1028s thread?

1 Like

I didn’t vote in this poll, since there was no option of “AK has the best TS restaurants, so there is no need to eat at any of these places”. :rofl:
We eat at Yak and Yeti every trip, often 2x per trip. Usually visit the Sacred Spaces as well. Before Covid we also always ate brunch at Tusker House before dinner at Y&Y. Lots of good eats at AK, they just happen to be at TS restaurants for me.

5 Likes

Right? That’s what it felt like when I was there, that ALL of the good food was TS and I hadn’t made any reservations not knowing what would be good once we got there. We lucked into Yak and I think my DH will for sure make that a must-do anytime we’re there as well.

2 Likes

I loved Satu’li, but a critical component of that was getting the sauce on the side. I feel like the sauce would have overwhelmed the dish.

3 Likes

The cadet’s logic is sound.

2 Likes

I haven’t eaten there, so I have no way of knowing how good it is. I can’t take the word of an Englishman on culinary matters.

6 Likes