Touring plan...for my tummy!

I know the picture didn’t make it look appealing but it’s so tasty.

3 Likes

The pic was good enough but the menu description and your endorsement sealed the deal :wink:

2 Likes

Hope you get to try it soon. It is a huge sandwich. But DS wouldn’t share with me.

3 Likes

+1 for the Carbon Freeze.

At Oga’s we had the Blue Bantha (Blue Milk + Cookie), Carbon Freeze, and the Cliff Dweller. Our favorite was the Carbon Freeze; our family was not a fan of either the Blue Milk or the Cliff Dweller.

Tip (learnt from our server): we wanted to try the Cliff Dweller, but we were not interested in paying $35 for the Souvenir Porg Mug. You can get just the drink for $6 without the mug if you ask.

3 Likes

I liked the Cliff Dweller! And the mug is really cute. But I will warn that the drink had a lot of ice and wasn’t really easy to drink, unless you like crunching ice (I can’t stand grating my teeth).

1 Like

We hadn’t planned on doing indoor dining at WDW, but prior to the trip, I had reserved TS ADRs for lunch and dinner, to keep our options open.

After doing DB7 QS and Oga’s, we felt a little bit more comfortable at Disney, which was the first time we had dined indoors since the beginning of the pandemic.

Also, I had read a tip to have a lunch ADR in air conditioning as a break from the sun, which worked out well for us, as we typically had dinner back in our resort (we were staying at WBC with a full kitchen).

True story: having done no research about Hollywood Brown Derby, I told my wife that some random Internet dude @sanstitre_has_left_the_building recommended it, so we went for it on our second HS day. We are fans of seafood, and enjoyed the scallops at BOG on our MK day, so we ordered the scallops appetizer at HBD and the Seafood Cioppino. Both were excellent.

Of course, we now find out the “random Internet dude” is well-credentialed in food :smile::

5 Likes

That’s teenage boys for you :wink: I’m hoping to try it next week.

3 Likes

Great!

2 Likes

I have had A LOT of great recommendations from liners in these threads, and only one has been a bomb; I think the food at Yn’Y is crap!

1 Like

So would you say it’s worth the $42 price tag because brunch at trattoria and ale and compass meals are like 15-20 bucks?

1 Like

Yup. Characters, food, ambiance, all top notch

2 Likes

Okay trying to figure it out. It’ll be daughters bday so maybe worth it and maybe I can get some balloons put in the room if I can get her to a reservation. She likes Disney floral and gifts. I did it on our mother and daughter trip to DLR with Halloween goodies oct 2019 and she said “you made my night” when she walked in and saw it. I won’t ever forget how happy she was.

3 Likes

Poutine!:heart_eyes:

Geyser Point. We had the bison burger and a salad. The salad was typical but the bison burger with the waffle fries are the bomb! :yum:

Scary Cat at Port Orleans, if open for Beignets.

3 Bridges - Sirloin and lamb chops

Satu’li!

Funnel Cake at Epcot!

We still dream about the cream cheese pretzel. But @Randall1028, who I got the tip from, says they are not longer that great.

We love, love the breakfast bowls at Woody’s in HS!

Mac & Cheese Balls at Wine Bar George in DS. They were delicious!

Amorettes!

CA Grill is a must for us. The seafood and sushi are excellent. The family shared sushi. DS had the filet and mac & cheese. DD had sashimi and grouper. DH had mahi mahi. I was coming down with the flu on our last trip. I order chicken noodle soup off of the child’s menu and they gave me an adult portion. It was delicious. I was so sick already, just the broth would have been fine. It had so much noodles!

We enjoy D-luxe Burgers, Boathouse, and Paddlefish in DS.

Looking at all the foods here is making me hungry! Hope you get to enjoy lots of yummy food for your tummy!

6 Likes

This is what I will be ordering!

1 Like

So many good suggestions here, but I’ll add one I didnt see mentioned…the Pongu Lumpia at Pongu Pongu in Animal Kingdom. It is a must do (and maybe more than one) on every trip for me!

1 Like

Our family enjoyed the blue milk but barely tolerated the green. There was something about it that vaguely reminded us of grass?

Are they currently serving this? It isn’t showing on their menu. Or is it included like a bread basket? I can’t recall from when we were there in January 2020. I’m really struggling with this one for our June trip. Our family wanted to go there again, but are uncertain after looking at their drastically pared down menu.

Many of the dishes we enjoyed (shu mai, trader lamb, whole fish) or wanted to try (seafood stew, steak salad) are not available. The Thai noodles are the only things remaining from our top choices. The recent reviews on the pork and chicken dishes seemed mixed, and we already plan to have steak at Narcoossee’s and Le Cellier.

The alternative I am considering is Capt. Cooks, since we were planning to leave the park after a late lunch anyway. Presumably cheaper and quicker too.

Thoughts?

Are those 2 variations currently available? Not seeing them on their menu…

Trying to focus on what we can do rather than what we can’t do (global pandemic after all!), but gosh, these missing menu items are a taunt!

1 Like

It’s an off-menu item that they will serve if asked.

2 Likes

Sleepy Hollow fruit & Nutella waffle
Dole whip float
Gaston’s cinnamon role
Corn dog nuggets from Casey’s
Satuli Canteen bowl
Bread service from Sanaa
Nomad Lounge drinks & apps
Mr. Kamal fries
Karamel Kuche
Snowcone from Japan

I’ll keep thinking…

1 Like

Ah, that’s why I didn’t remember them. My kids love those things (we get them from Costco so I’m assuming fresh is even better). Is that enough to sway me back… :thinking:

I wonder if there’s any way to get some to go…?

2 Likes

My sleepy hollow waffles with ice cream were a Halloween special, but the waffles themselves were ridiculous, so get them with nutella or fruit or powdered sugar (or ask if they can put a scoop of ice cream on them!).

2 Likes