Poll Time! Best Pixar Film

It’s funny because when we hear that song none of us first thinks of Hello Dolly and all of us think of WALL-E. Why is there no WALL-E in the World???

3 Likes

Ooh! Redo BLSRS, and we are riding in the big ship and we get to see wallE and Eva all around us. (Or, could go where the Imagination ride is now.)

1 Like

I would love a Wall-E ride in TL!

6 Likes

When I thought we could only vote for one, this was my choice. I haven’t seen it for years but I still have the memory of being shocked by how much I loved it when I saw it in the theatre.

For the second round my first choixe was rhe extremely not popular Good Dinosaur. Because when my daughter was little she didn’t want to watch any of these movies. She left Nemo screaming at an outdoor screening. Toy story lasted 10 minutes. But she watched igood dinosaur over and over.

My 3rd overall is Monsters inc. I can watch iot again and again. It is heartwarming and funny. And clever.

Now I am going to have to go look at my pin collection because that is a good indicator of my sentimental favorites (except there are like no Good Dinosaur pins).

4 Likes

I absolutely agree with your point about remembering our ancestors and letting their memory live on.

From your previous post - “treats death in a more hopeful / optimistic way” - this is another thing I like about Coco.

DH loves to watch Henry Louis Gates Jr on PBS and Finding Your Roots. A recurring theme when a guest learns of a particularly harrowing episode in an ancestor’s life that generally is completely unknown because people just didn’t talk about stuff.

3 Likes

The inclusion of all of the Toy Story movies messes up these polls for me. The entire Toy Story franchise is a top franchise for me, but the individual movies can’t rate in my top 3. As I know was discussed way back there is a correct order for the Toy Story movies (and @sanstitre_has_left_the_building agreed with me!). 1 is definitely not the strongest movie. 1 cannot compete with the other great options in this poll. 2, 3, and 4 are all sequels, so they don’t make sense as “best” without their predecessors, even though they’re better, and in the case of 4, really great.

Therefore, @Jeff_AZ, we need a NEW poll so that we can rank entire movie franchises rather than individual movies!

4 Likes

Also, Nemo & Dory are ahhh-mazing. And Turning Red is GENIUS. So there.

3 Likes

TS4 … I like to pretend it doesn’t exist. Love 2 and 3 though.

5 Likes

Ok, which FRANCHISE is best?

• Toy Story
  • Cars
  • Nemo
  • Incredibles
  • Monsters

0 voters

I know I’m not including all the franchises here since this is only the ones with sequels, but honestly, I think that would be a bit much! :rofl:

3 Likes

What, no checkboxes this time? :smile:

1 Like

I liked the first Toy Story movie best because I could relate to soooo many of those toys from my childhood (or my kids’), but also because it was a different take on life (with the toys being real). It was so clever the way the toys said and did things. Similar to how a Lego version of a movie is.

I admit there’s still a couple movies I haven’t seen from the second group.

3 Likes

Toy Story series is clear winner (although TS4 didn’t need to be made). TS2 is the best of the series.

6 Likes

Cars is about redemption and the fact that there are good helpful people (vehicles?) in the world, both messages that the world needs more of. Plus you get to see cars race.

Toy Story is great, but it relies too much on super villains (and all who are really legit disturbing) to make the plot. Cars did take a weird turn (lol) with the Mater-spy-green-fuel thing but ultimately the plot just needs the characters’ relationships and goals to work rather than an outside villain force. Don’t get me wrong I bawl like the rest of you when there is even a hint of Andy moving on from childhood but I still pick Cars for the aforementioned reasons and I don’t care if I’m the only one. :joy:

5 Likes

I love Cars 1 and 3. Three is my favorite. I’ve never seen 2.

I’ve also never seen Toy Story 2. I really don’t love a bunch of the TS characters. Buzz is my favorite.

“Monsters 2” MU is awesome and Finding Dory is much better than Finding Nemo.

I enjoyed both Incredibles about the same.

2 Likes

Cars is kind of terrible after the first one.

4 Likes

Fake news. TS3 is the best of the series.

4 Likes

Unpopular take: Finding Dory is better than Finding Nemo. The story of parents loving and caring for their daughter with a disability is so well done.

11 Likes

YES!
I was wholly prepared to consider it “two hours of my life I’ll never get back” and I was like, “Yay for Charlie and Jenny!”

And who doesn’t like a septopus?

4 Likes

Me. That character single-handedly (ha!) destroyed any and all appreciation I may have had for the film. I rolled my eyes so hard, it took a week before I could see straight again. That is all I remember if the movie now…how horrific that character/plot device was.

1 Like

I barely remember it, it was so unmemorable for me. But TS2 we have watched repeatedly, and quote frequently. Maybe I just have a Lazy Try Brain.

1 Like