Poll Time! Best Pixar Film

Cars is about redemption and the fact that there are good helpful people (vehicles?) in the world, both messages that the world needs more of. Plus you get to see cars race.

Toy Story is great, but it relies too much on super villains (and all who are really legit disturbing) to make the plot. Cars did take a weird turn (lol) with the Mater-spy-green-fuel thing but ultimately the plot just needs the characters’ relationships and goals to work rather than an outside villain force. Don’t get me wrong I bawl like the rest of you when there is even a hint of Andy moving on from childhood but I still pick Cars for the aforementioned reasons and I don’t care if I’m the only one. :joy:

5 Likes

I love Cars 1 and 3. Three is my favorite. I’ve never seen 2.

I’ve also never seen Toy Story 2. I really don’t love a bunch of the TS characters. Buzz is my favorite.

“Monsters 2” MU is awesome and Finding Dory is much better than Finding Nemo.

I enjoyed both Incredibles about the same.

2 Likes

Cars is kind of terrible after the first one.

4 Likes

Fake news. TS3 is the best of the series.

4 Likes

Unpopular take: Finding Dory is better than Finding Nemo. The story of parents loving and caring for their daughter with a disability is so well done.

11 Likes

YES!
I was wholly prepared to consider it “two hours of my life I’ll never get back” and I was like, “Yay for Charlie and Jenny!”

And who doesn’t like a septopus?

4 Likes

Me. That character single-handedly (ha!) destroyed any and all appreciation I may have had for the film. I rolled my eyes so hard, it took a week before I could see straight again. That is all I remember if the movie now…how horrific that character/plot device was.

1 Like

I barely remember it, it was so unmemorable for me. But TS2 we have watched repeatedly, and quote frequently. Maybe I just have a Lazy Try Brain.

1 Like

I can’t tease out the various TS movies. They are all one to me.

7 Likes

This is so true.

1 Like

I could also see it at EPCOT with the whole “caring for our planet” message

4 Likes

Totally agree. If DD7 watches it, I’ll just do something else.

2 Likes

AK is the whole Conservation park really

2 Likes

I would’ve picked Toy Story… but then TS4 wrecks the whole thing.

I enjoyed both Incredibles but didn’t see much of an arc there.

2 Likes

I’ll give you that.
Although I think it’s largely focused on preserving species and habitats of our four-legged/feathered/finned friends

I was thinking WALL-E could fit in as part of the Land, bolstering the angle of conserving our habitat (i.e., Earth)

3 Likes

Um. We’re pretending it doesn’t exist - remember?! :face_with_peeking_eye:

8 Likes

Personally I look forward to continuing the “we don’t need no stinkin’ kids” arc into TS5

Where Woody meets a new friend who teaches him what Owners deserve

4 Likes

You have now entered my level of hyperbole, @ryan1
I adore Hank.
And you don’t like The Avengers. So we were never meant to agree on movies :wink:

2 Likes

Um, what is so bad about TS4? Did you not see how Bo Peep rocks?

4 Likes

SOPHIE’S CHOICE DAMMIT SOPHIE’S CHOICE

random emoji to please the forum complete sentence gods :blueberries:

4 Likes