Poll Time! Best Pixar Film

See. I never saw 2. So her story line confused me in 4.

And I’m all about throwing broken things away.

(Ducks.)

3 Likes

HA! 2 is my least favorite, so I say you’re not missing much!

2 Likes

The Good Dinosaur was a fun movie but not in the running for any first choices.

But it contains one of my favorite minor characters - the Pet Collector. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

9 Likes

Almost everything.

7 Likes

:cry:

2 Likes

I think it throws away the entire relationship between Andy and his toys that defined everything that came before.
Now we wonder why Woody and the toys worked so hard to avoid hanging out in the attic or going to a Japanese toy museum or a thousand other options. And really why was Lotso so traumatized, he should’ve been having the time of his life.

But that could just be me.

Next we’ll fix the ending to Winnie the Pooh:
“But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest, there’ll be a Bear ready to tell a little boy to sod off, the Bear has plenty of uneducated playmates to hang out with.”

7 Likes

It’s not :laughing::+1:t2:

6 Likes

Spot on. It was always about the importance and sense of purpose to specifically being Andy’s toys. No matter what shenanigans went down, it came back to that steady state. 3 ended so perfectly with closure with the end of Andy’s childhood being the end of the story and the whole movie about the toys learning to cope with that inevitability.

4 just felt like a cheap spinoff that loses sight of the theme and exploits the characters.

7 Likes

Agreed. If it ended at 3, it would’ve been perfect.

6 Likes

Spot on.

5 Likes

I’m in the leave it at 3 camp.

Was there anyone who heard the announcement for TS4 and had any reaction other than ‘Why?’ ?? :woman_shrugging:t4::laughing:

6 Likes

Sorry but I just can’t stand that movie. The series should have ended at 3.

6 Likes

I don’t feel the need for sequels/reboots/live action adaptations, but I don’t think their existence detracts from the original. If anything it just draws more attention to a perhaps forgotten earlier entry. It’s become part of the business model these days that a franchise needs to be fresh to remain relevant. There’s too much new stuff that the old stuff will disappear if neglected.

Also, sometimes it’s nice to just have more time with characters / actors that we love.

That said, sequels and new content is much better when it justifies its existence and pushes the story forward.

1 Like

Exactly.

Nope. I’m with you 100%.

4 Likes

I think that the entire premise of toys only “living” to “serve” their kids is kinda weird, but working with that, it made perfect sense to me to have TS4 as the logical conclusion to what happens when toys don’t belong to an individual kid or to a group of kids. And it makes sense that some toys want to be “free.” And the longer you think about all this, the more you realize how strange the premise of Toy Story really is. Bo Peep is a badass and I love it. She was so patient with Woody, and she got her happy ending without pressuring him.

4 Likes

I saw the movie as saying ditch your friends and family for some girl.

5 Likes

I can see why that would be a sad message. I saw it as live your own life! It’s ok to move on. Getting married (for example) doesn’t mean you have to leave your friends and family behind. It just means you can start a new chapter of your life.

1 Like

True, but you should change everything about yourself for a relationship?

2 Likes

But it did in TS4! I hated the ending. I wasn’t hating the movie up until that point. But after the ending, I honestly wished I had not seen it. My daughter turned to me and said, “Well, that sucked.” It just felt like a horribly sad ending to us.

7 Likes