Poll Time! Best Pixar Film

In middle school* I was the non popular thing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

*or whatever my British equivalent is

3 Likes

Definitely did (its at the top for me)
But also voted for Cars, because DD8 was obsessed!!

1 Like

As my brother used to say when someone did something dumb: you’re out of the family. :joy:

:rofl:

1 Like

I’m a little surprised this isn’t doing better. Do people not remember this devastating song?!

4 Likes

That was my top choice for the Sequel. I liked TS 2 better than TS 1, actually…but neither better than The Incredibles!

3 Likes

I did my own ranking in January 2021.

But today I moved Wall-E up to slot 6 because my kiddos finally watched it just this week and their squealy laughter at all his antics just made my heart burst and I fell in love with the movie all over again.

Also, to state the obvious, this list excludes Luca and Turning Red. I LOVED Luca - it would be in the top half for sure. TR is fine. My daughter loves it but meh. I have, however, found a deeper appreciation for Onward lately. So I’d probably move that up too.

But the reality y’all?! TS3 is the best because it’s about saying goodbye to childhood and I just love that animation can tell that story so poignantly. Plus, Ken’s fashion show is clutch.

6 Likes

That’s why it got one of my votes. My DD was only about 1 or 2 when she just played it on a constant loop in the background.
I do love the movie, but I got so sick of it at that time that I had to strongly persuade her to choose something else (which went down like a lead balloon). When I finally won (:sweat_smile:) she never watched it again :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::sob::sob::sob:
8 years later (after we got Disney+) she watched it again and still enjoyed it :partying_face::partying_face::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Like. Yeah. That’s what I meant.

4 Likes

I just realized I self imposed a rule that I couldn’t pick a movie in both the first/second poll and the third poll and I have no idea why I made myself think that way :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

That song makes me cry even without watching.

3 Likes

Oh I thought you meant you got left with the crap choices for picking sports teams :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl:

2 Likes

I have to turn it off when it comes on the Disney SXM channel!

2 Likes

I was the crap choices

4 Likes

When I was a kid, I was actually fairly decent at most sports (even though I didn’t care two hoots about them), but I was also NOT one of the cool kids, so I was generally picked just ahead of those who couldn’t throw a ball to save their lives.

1 Like

I think this is probably why I struggled more with the first poll than the second. The second half has more of the ones I like the best, but it’s also more feast or famine in a way. The first half is probably more even in terms of quality, but doesn’t have as many stand out stars, at least to me

1 Like

Not anymore!!

** Insert link to marathon TR here ** :muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

4 Likes

I love Coco - it’s uplifting to me. I don’t find it sad except for the injustice being done to Hector.

The previous discussion seemed heavily tilted toward the movie being too sad.

I will agree that Up starts out sad. I think Russell, Kevin and Dug keep the movie and Mr Fredricksen from being too sad.

5 Likes

Me too. I don’t even know what’s really sad about it, other than the fact that people die (yup). But it treats death in a more hopeful / optimistic way.

8 Likes

Hector in danger of being forgotten when it’s his songs people remember. The injustice but mostly the gentle soul that is Hector disappearing. That’s sad. It’s so great that Coco remembers his song.

4 Likes

I love the lesson of that plot point, about how we should remember our ancestors and let their memory live on. And also keep our living friends and family in our hearts. Human connection is one of the great mysteries and miracles of life. It’s not something often explored in film, especially for kids.

5 Likes