Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location FINAL ROUND

You stand there until someone scans in and you enter. Or you see someone walking towards the gate to leave and you enter. Is there still a bench outside that bathroom? It used to be almost everyone using it, but it has been greatly reduced.

It was “a thing” posted on some boards.

1 Like

Wait, you don’t get LLs for them! :scream::crazy_face:

2 Likes

When we stayed at Poly in January it felt super busy to us. Especially that hallway by trader sams. Not one single time did we go through a door and not have to wait for someone else to come out. It was hoppin!

1 Like

Yep. A very long padded bench.

1 Like

I was actually thinking about this when I measured all the walking distances from Epcot hotels

I suppose walking times are the easiest to compare and monorail / skyliner is fairly easy too if you exclude possible queues, but I’m not sure if buses are as straight forward? Of course, we could compare just the actual drive times and assume the possible wait times are even, but do the schedules vary enough to make this incomparable? Same probably goes for boats.

Need to think about this, if time permits I’m up for testing out a spreadsheet :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Are there reliable stats for bus ride times that take stops into account?

1 Like

So I thought about this and started doodling a spreadsheet. Some things are simple, some a bit more tricky.

I think the goal here would be to get a list of the fastest transport options and add them up for each hotel - many are quite obvious but it’ll be interesting to see the actual times for all parks added up per hotel.

Additionally it would be interesting to be able to check how much switching mode of transport time will affect the duration - for example, how does the boat ride compare to walking from BC to HS.

I was able to figure out rough bus ride times based on driving times + estimated stops, or in some cases actual videos of the full bus ride.

I was also able to estimate boat ride times based on videos and some assumptions on how long the stops take.

Heres where I need some opinions on:

• How long is the approximate wait/queue time for a monorail at MK hotels?
  • aprrox wait time for boats at Poly, GF, and Epcot hotel area? These won’t be the fastest options in any case but I’d like to include them
  • approx wait time for buses and do these vary a lot by hotel and/or destination or can we assume it’s roughly even?
  • driving your own car is pretty much always slower because of the time it takes to park and walk vs bus or uber which drops you near the gate. Should I still include time by car, and if so, what would be an approximate “parking time” ie time from the parking booths to park entrance?
  • MK obviously differs from other parks since you need the ferry or monorail on top of driving+parking
  • my idea was to include the top hotels from the earlier polls - CR, Poly, BC, BW. Should I include others? GF might be interesting, maybe Swolphin?
2 Likes

I don’t have answers, but just want to stress how important it is to get this right…the fate of the world depends upon it! (Or, at least, the fate of the DisneyWorld.)

:grin:

3 Likes

I will crack under the pressure

2 Likes

I thought I’d read something about travel times from resorts to parks in the Unofficial Guide?

1 Like

They do list the bus times on the page for each hotel.

P.S. One more day to vote in this poll!

No, this was maybe a chart - which I like - with travel times. In the hotel section. But it might have been in an older edition.

Like 2010. :grin:

1 Like

Do you mean bus times as on the hour and every 20 minutes? Or bus times to AK from AKL?

Because I think I’ve seen car times as well.

1 Like

The table is in Part 9: Arriving and Getting Around, pgs. 434-435 of 2022 UG.

It lists commuting time by car vs. the Disney transportation system, in terms of average maximum time to commute from A to B. There are two numbers for each combo, representing the average-case and the worst-case scenario.

2 Likes

A chart with the travel time by bus from the resort to each park.

1 Like

This is what I was referring to. This is from the page for Art of Animation. There is a similar chart at the very bottom of every hotel web page.

3 Likes

The table in the book lists all the starting points in one spot: The Disney resorts (including Swan/Dolphin/Reserve and SOG), DS hotel area, DS, all 4 theme parks and the two water parks. The destination list is all 4 theme parks, two water parks, and DS. It lets you see the park-to-park travel times for car vs Disney system. Interestingly, the time from park A to park B is not the same as the reverse, B to A.

1 Like

Head wind?

2 Likes

Yes! That chart! :blush: :heart_eyes:

Unfortunately it fails to add in time for getting lost in a private vehicle. :sunglasses:

5 Likes