Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location FINAL ROUND

This is interesting, do they list other transportation for other hotels, ie monorail from MK hotels?

Seems like they add about 10-17 minutes on top of driving times for the buses from AoA. Are they non-stop to parks or do they make stops?

1 Like

I think AoA is nonstop. But actually the bus times are often shorter than driving per the chart. Which makes sense especially at MK where buses bypass TTC.

2 Likes

Yea definitely the case for MK. For other parks itā€™s closer, bus wait time and car parking time seem to offset one another.

In my doodlings I was adding 10 minutes to both park+walk and bus wait.

1 Like

Exactly.

2 Likes

How does one get lost at Disney? :laughing:

2 Likes

Apparently, by trying to drive to different locationsā€¦

1 Like

Or by trying to understand when to turn right (following the sign? following Google?) when two RH turns are very close to each other, and discovering that the closest right was NOT the right one. It brought us into a construction zone at DHS.

5 Likes

This, exactly.

3 Likes

Beach Club people gave me free coffee once.

Ergo, they win. :smiley:

Yes, my vote can be bought very cheaply. Your move, BW.

2 Likes

WDW really needs signs at these exits with big arrows pointing downwards, to show itā€™s RIGHT HERE!

3 Likes

We used Google maps to get to Universal several years ago. It happily led us the fastest routeā€¦to their corporate office! :grin:

6 Likes

Iā€™d love to know how we get lost cuz then we might not?

Weā€™ve tried following the road signs and weā€™ve tried following the Nigerian lady* on the phone (Bob :heart: Abishola) and we still wind up at a location not the one weā€™re expecting. Weā€™re quite happy to bus or boat (or maybe Skyliner). We might just check our brains at the welcome to Disney sign at propertyā€™s edge. :woman_shrugging:

*itā€™s her voice we seem to prefer

3 Likes

Me, too! DH doesnā€™t mind driving, but I sure do hate being the navigator at Disney! Thatā€™s why I am so happy to be in the Disney bubble and use their transportation - along with a ton of patience.

2 Likes

If it was winter, Beach Club gets my vote. But as it is for all year round, those summer storms push me to Boardwalk.

1 Like

I find I need vastly more patience at home.
Perhaps thatā€™s one of the cornerstones of the Disney bubble for me. Fewer decisions, fewer unexpected situations, fewer canines ( :joy:@Dreamer), way waay fewer driving miles, etc.

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

by never renting a car and always taking on-site transportation. I couldnā€™t get from AKL to EP by myself if you paid me real money.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been a little distracted lately, so I forgot to announce that we have an official winner in our ā€œBest WDW Resort Hotel Locationā€ poll!

:drum::drum::drum:

BEACH CLUB!!!

It was close, and I think both of these (and Poly :wink:) have arguments in their favor, so remember to look at this whole polling series holistically when choosing a resort.

Thank you everyone for participating! A new poll series will start soon ā€¦

7 Likes

Canā€™t wait!

4 Likes

Beach Club Villas vs Poly Villas, easy win for Poly.

3 Likes