Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location FINAL ROUND

Maybe I should change my name to Tom.

Nah, that would be worse.

7 Likes

I’m in this boat

But also this. So much so that I forgot which I voted for and had to go back to check. I think we should officially decide they are equal and it’s a tie

RIGHT BEHIND POLYNESIAN

4 Likes

Yes, this is the correct answer really :grin:

4 Likes

Hmmmm….seems to be a bias towards being closer to Epcot and HS rather than MK. I’ll vote BC for the pool, but the child in me is sticking with MK location and the Poly. No contest

5 Likes

I feel you are switching based on hotel preference, NOT based on a hotel location. Objectively speaking, BW is the best location. If you want to start bringing in other aspects of the hotel as well, it becomes a different contest.

ETA: I feel like the poll has switched, kind of like this:

Poll: Which hotel has the best pool?

Answer: The Contemporary, because I can walk to the MK!

Is this what these forums have become? Nothing but a polling sham? You can do better than that, people! :wink:

4 Likes

I tried to objectively think about Poly. I loved staying there during construction over the years (great deals/limited guests) but the crowds of visitors can interfere with resort guests (that is not what this poll was about) and I had to concentrate on why Poly’s location is the best MK area resort location.

2 Likes

I’d still argue that BC is the best location because walking to Epcot + Skyliner.

2 Likes

Not arguing or saying you’re wrong at all. I wanted to chime in and say, though, that while I definitely notice Poly as more of a bustling location, particularly at the GCH, I have never felt my stays there were impacted by or interfered with by visitors.

1 Like

That’s fine. That is a location based decision. Although, you can walk to EP and Skyliner just fine from BW…and…there is hardly any need to use Skyliner from BC nor BW. If you are using it to get to HS, BW is faster to walk than to take Skyliner from BC.

1 Like

This would be an interesting numbers exercise…evaluate each of the resorts based on AVERAGE travel time (based on fastest route of the options for each location), account for all four parks and DS access. Which would come out on top or bottom? I think we might end up surprised!

1 Like

I think TP did this once, but I think it was pre-skyliner.

2 Likes

Here’s what others had to say. BC #17, BW #15, Poly was #31

Can You Guess How Many Disney World Resorts Made Orlando’s BEST Hotels List?! | the disney food blog

1 Like

I know it does not happen (as much) these days but the bathroom closest to Trader Sam’s has been a busy changing area between pool/dinner for non resort guests.

2 Likes

Oh that’s a for sure thing!

But wait how did non-resort guests use the pool? Or was this before the days when they paid attention to that?

1 Like

Maybe they are changing there from park to dining attire?

There aren’t any dress codes for dining at Poly though

1 Like

I believe gates are still locked and can only be accessed w/ a room key card or your MB if you are staying there.

1 Like

Yes that is true now. I wondered if this was referring to times before. Either way the bathroom is crazy busy 90% of the time

1 Like

I guess I’ve been lucky and never had a wait at that bathroom :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t actually remember ever having to wait but it is very busy. And lots of people waiting on that bench outside. And we have used it as a changing area in the past while waiting for our room to become ready so that we could swim

2 Likes

I thought the ppl on the bench were waiting for their MO at Cook’s :thinking:

1 Like