Please critique my EPCOT, 2 adult, Crowd Level 1 Plan

But I am trying to have my wait time represent true InQueue times, which I can show to my picky husband :wink:

For the ACTS, he will likely be sitting outside the pavilion holding a spot for me until the ACT starts :wink:

Once last thought is determining if the FP for Soarin’ is saving you enough time to justify all the headache in the plan. I mean, if it results in walking an extra 15-20 minutes here or there, it might not actually be saving you much.

You might consider making a version of the plan that has you start with TT, MS, and then heads over to Soarin’ and LwtL. Then cycle around WS counter clockwise, hitting Frozen when you get to Norway, and eventualy back to Spaceship Earth. I don’t know what that looks like…but something to try.

I think I tried that but will re-visit :slight_smile:

This is not that plan, just one I had already…but may give an idea of the same principle in comparison to going the other way:

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3859055

Looking at FP availability on that date, it seems there are FEA FPs late in the day you could swap the Soarin’ one for.

Get one! It’s not worth queuing for if you can avoid it :grin:

But remember my 5:30 pm Soarin queue is for my 2nd Soarin ride…

If you look at my 1st Soarin Note, you can see I will try to get 4th FPP to Soarin if I happen to make all my first three FPPs …(if I miss one of first two FPPs, 5:30 pm 2nd Soarin queue is not too bad)

I chose 5:30 as the time for 2nd Soarin (right now without FPP) since that let me do Acrobats before their last show…

My point is you have a lot more freedom with your plan if you aren’t tied to that Soarin’ FP. If you get a FEA FP in the evening, you then have a lot more flexibility. Just wait in SB for Soarin’ earlier so that you can use the FP for FEA maybe not long before Epcot Forever or whatever. This allows you to tour counter-clockwise much more nicely.

I have doubts you’ll be able to pull off a second Soarin’ FP…although, with CL 1 levels maybe. But with CL 1 levels, the FPs aren’t as necessary.

ETA: And, come to think of it, you could RD Soarin’ and LWTL, head over to your MS FP, then do TT as another option…since at the IG, you are closer to Soarin’.

By catching the 6:10pm Acrobat show, I am hoping it to be less crowded as the CCW WS travellers may not be there yet and the early CW WS travellers are long gone…
At 5:30pm Soarin line only 16 minutes and I am sure my husband can handle that because he is the one suggesting that he wants a second Soarin, even before we get there :wink:

Even still, I want to use all the tools available so that I can try to convince my husband to convert to Annual Pass this year within 10? days of our visit and see more of WDW :wink: (We have also moved to Florida a couple years ago and I finally got him to visit WDW…)

Sorry I am getting lost with acronyms, I am newbie here :wink:
? LWTL
? RD
? FEA

Sorry. RD = rope drop

LWTL is Living with the Land.

FEA = Frozen Ever After

1 Like

That, I do not think i have tried.
I will do that in my PLAY plan and report back :wink:

BINGO :star_struck::beers::desert_island::pizza::rainbow:

@ryan1 stuck around here, persevered with me and has the best approach yet (start day at Soarin from RD at IG) , the only apparent risk is, will TT still be running at the end of the day :wink: :

with this Plan:
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3935467

While my best was:

with this Plan:
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3935044

@JDAdams, with your plan:
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3859055

Did you use the plan and did you get to make make and use 4th and/or 5th FPP at the end of day?

No, we ended up using the other plan I posted, the one going around clockwise, as it let us finish at Canada for dinner (and, as it happens, a second go on Soarin).

We got six FPPs in total - pre-booked Seas, SSE and TT (and moved all of them around 30 min earlier on the day), then booked Figment, FEA and the late Soarin on the day.

I wouldn’t rely on a same day FEA - we got really lucky with one popping up 9 mins before its start time (14.41-14.40), but you may find one if you re-check a lot. You have seen the same day FPP drop info, right?

1 Like

Yes, I think so, it lets you effectively take rides closer than the 1 hour spacing that FPPs would, at first glance, allow. This would seem to work best at parks with no multi-tier FPPs …
I think that strategy would be a bit risky to try to save some of my current 26 minute wait time for tier 1 FEA at 10:23 am, wouldn’t it :question:

AND they are neck and neck coming around the bend … :horse_racing::horse_racing::horse_racing::horse_racing::horse_racing:

BUT WAIT, ‘RD FEA from IG’ strategy inches ahead again (8 min less InQueue wait time and more importantly, 4 or more FPPs are potentially coming into play again :wink: , which could further hammer down InQueue wait time by using ‘same day FPP dropping/adding’ and ‘RD FEA from IG’ just MAY end up crossing the finish line uncontested ) :

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3936150
LOL, I am just so persistent when I try to optimize things… Thanks @JDAdams for getting me to think again about ‘same day FPP dropping/adding’ which made me see the way to making this latest plan

I think you are misunderstanding what @JDAdams was referring to. On any given day, there are times in each park when Disney appears to drop additional FPs for rides…including Tier 1 rides that are otherwise difficult to get. So even if it shows as no availability today, at certain times during the SAME DAY, they will drop additional FPs. If you are ready at those times in the app, you might be able change one of your existing FPs, or if you’ve already used them, get a new one for something that wasn’t previously available.

That isn’t to say you aren’t also right in that you can modify your next FP sooner once you tap into the first one, etc. If you have a 9:00 FP and then a 10:00 FP, then tap into the 9:00 FP, you might be able to modify the 10:00 FP to, say, 9:30 while you are in line for the first ride. Doing this twice gets you to the point where you can start obtaining same-day additional FPs sooner.

Thanks, LOL, I was thinking that the word ‘drop’ actually meant ‘remove’ instead of ‘add new’…

And in this case, there is a strategy that could be shortened to ‘same day FEA drop’ where the word ‘drop’ actually means ‘remove’ … oh so confusing but I do understand both meanings now it I think :wink:

AND I am working on a way to actually use my current SE FPP at 10:50 that blows even my last ‘best’ plan away, stay tuned…

And with still 5 days to the finish line … :horse_racing::horse_racing::horse_racing::horse_racing::horse_racing:

‘RD FEA from IG’ strategy pulls further ahead…

Achieved by putting a 40 minute rest before SE, in order so that we can use my FPP for it. This made me move Germany Pavilion to 2nd partial loop of WS that we are doing so that we can see Acrobats at China later in the day…

This results in using all 3 FPPs I currently have booked :slight_smile:

And then I can try to get 4th and 5th FPPs for my 2nd Soarin and 1st TT, which would shave another ~25 minutes off this amazing low InQueue wait time:

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3936187

Imagine if we get the 4th and 5th FPPs, the whole InQueue wait time of about 40 minutes for the WHOLE day… my husband is HAPPY :beers::rainbow::pizza::desert_island::star_struck:

Day includes 3 large and well separated ‘Eat and Shopping’ periods, all day Tapas at 30 WS Food Festival booths, 2xSoarin, 1FEA, 1TT, 1LWTL, 1MSG, ALL pavilions (20+ minutes at each), Sergio, American Adventure, Seveur Amusant, Impressions of France, 3 Cabs etc…