Please critique my EPCOT, 2 adult, Crowd Level 1 Plan

Cool! Good to know! I guess I mixed it up somehow… :crazy_face:

1 Like

OK… so I made a mock-up of your entire plan updated with my suggestions. You get to do everything you want, on-time, and you have an extra 45 minutes of free time. It doesn’t use your FPP for LwtL as you don’t need it and aren’t trying to get any extra FPP that day

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3935196

Thoughts?

1 Like

I like your plan…although, I’m not sure I like the idea of putting LWTL first thing. Adds quite a bit of walking. If you just go straight to MS:G, I think you can accomplish the same thing fairly well, but move LWTL to a time when near Soarin’.

Wait. I noticed you missed China entirely. I think @carmen wanted to see the acrobats.

Good catch! Back to the drawing board!

On second thought, I forgot this is entry from International Gateway, so while it is still adding some walking time…not as much as I originally thought.

Boy you guys are sharp :wink: :+1:

I will work that into 10 minutes, not even sure we want to buy there, but for sure we want to take a look…

I have not seen the fact that Eating and Break requested time mean a whole lot, other than the duration. How is this affecting rest of the day if they get the duration correct?

Ooops missed that in all the shuffling lately, fixed now…

There should be a better way of adding Paviliion acts to the Plans…

Good point, will update notes to ‘walk faster’ to get to the event when this happens…

Thanks, great info… note is updated and better timing now…

Darn, note removed…

See my comment about Break above, what diff this makes if duration is correct?

Ah, this is also where I planned to add a note to walk fast from SE to China…

But again it did not show us being late for Fireworks ???

RE: Adding ACTs to plan… I hate the way they are handled by TP now so I make them in the Notes…

I think you should, instead, put, “skip playfully, hand-in-hand”. See if your husband notices. :wink:

2 Likes

I am having a hard time keeping up with you guys…

Next I will look at @darkmite2 mockup but I think my last changes took care of @darkmite2 comments before his mockup too. :wink:

Listen. Why don’t you just step aside while we plan your vacation for you. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks!

Yes… TP will just give you the 5 minute break with no regard to what time it happens. However, if you want to stay “on schedule” so you aren’t late to a show / FPP in future steps you should schedule the breaks when they will actually occur.

In your TP, by scheduling a 60 minute break at 7:30pm and not arriving until 7:55pm - your break, IRL, concludes at 8:55pm just minutes before Epcot Forever starts. You’ll have less time to shop than planned and you’ll have less of a chance to get a good fireworks viewing spot.

I’m working on the updated plan, but the China Acrobats are giving me fits! Are those FPP times already scheduled / locked in?

FYI - I’ll actually need to go do my job for a bit soon. So I may vanish for a while… :wink:

LOL, if you do try again, my memory from my EP vists decades ago, was that in order to beat the WS crowds, it was a good idea to skip ahead on your first WS loop, not get ahead, come back, get ahead again…

I know we are going on an EP crowd level 1 day (with no magic hours), but I PROMISED my husband to try to keep him away from even those meager crowds :wink:

PS. Having to stand in a queue is his worst nightmare… so I figure minimize that and get the lines over at the start so he can calm down…

Yes I can not get an earlier Tier 1 than my 1st Soarin.
I can not get an earlier Tier 2 than MS.
Land would be flexible but must fit in with our walking…

EDIT: I am trying to make sure we do not have to watch the last Acrobat show, just in case…

1 Like

My wife is the same. She’s usually good until about lunch time / when the FPP start to run out. I totally get it. My next WDW trip is going to be a solo adventure as she says she’s had enough of the queues.

1 Like

@carmen

I’ve done the best I can, for now. I can’t fit in your shopping time yet. The Acrobats only perform in the late afternoon. That really throws a wrench in the flow of the plan. I’ve got to step away for a bit. If I can get back on later I will.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3935196

1 Like

I don’t have a chance to play around with it more fully, but I’m curious about reversing the visit to WS. After doing Norway, back track to Canada, UK, etc., going counter-clockwise so that you end up back at China closer to when the acrobats are there.

1 Like

darkmite2, my analysis of what you have so far:

You have:

I have:

The biggest issue that I see your plan having, is that for the three ACTS, there is a total of 45 minutes Wait time added to your Plan… This is why I choose to present my ACTS as notes in the Pavilion…

Also, I have to figure out why I am busy for so many more minutes than you…

They were the reason I put all of FW in the morning on my plan…otherwise you wait all day for them. Or you can do the WS starting from Canada and going the other way of course…

You are either busy, or free. Free means there is time where there is nothing listed in the plan. This usually results in gaps where you have “free time”. Adding the two together should be total time.

But it is not the same when you do that…

AHA, I think the diff is the artificial ACT wait times he has…

Yeah. I mistyped that. If you add those two to the waiting and walking, it should be total time.

I meant to say, “Adding the two together with the waiting and walking time should be total time.”