Please critique my EPCOT, 2 adult, Crowd Level 1 Plan

It’s a lot of back and forth, but with just adults I think it’s ok as long as you understand it will be a lot of walking.

I enjoyed Mission Space Orange, but it’s intense and I’m not sure I will do it again. I’ve skipped it the past 3 trips. I would much prefer Test Track to Mission Space, it’s not even close.

In my view Turtle Talk with Crush is a big waste of time for adults. I would skip that before the Nemo rides. The Nemo ride is not particularly good, but if I’m nearby and the line is short (under 10 mins), I will hop on.

A suggestion … you could try to (A) FP Test Track in the morning and (B) move your third FP to the morning. And then try to get Soarin’ as a same day 4th FP. There’s no guaranty, but Soarin’ has been available as a 4th FP when I was in Epcot and I think others have had similar success.

1 Like

To clarify, it’s not just the walking. It’s being up and on your feet all day. You can do Epcot, as is with all the construction, in one day. It’s just a very long day.

Ok… so if you are truly willing to be flexible and drop items then your plan makes more sense. Hanging out on these boards I see a lot of “perfect” plans that give no leeway. People, when planning, get so excited that they try to cram as much in as possible. They forget that “real life” gets in the way of plans. TP, IMHO, is more of a guide than a set of step-by-step instructions.

2 Likes

We have the most interest in Soarin and we have FPP at 3:40 now, next later avail now is 6:10…
So, we want to keep 3:40 FPP because we want to try to get a 4th at Soarin too.

Yes, I am good with being on my feet all day but my husband will likely be sitting a lot while I ‘do my thing’ in the pavilions…

I’m not asking you your age so don’t take this as that. I’m just speaking generally. The phrase “middle age” means different things to different people. I’m closer to 50 than 40, but wouldn’t consider myself middle age yet. My Mom is in her mid 70’s and would probably consider herself “middle age” still rather than “old age”. On the other end of the spectrum, I suspect there are some people who consider late 30’s to be middle age.

1 Like

huh. And here I thought she meant she was born somewhere around the 12th century.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:, yes I was rather vague about our age, fully knowing that health is major factor… We are very active for our age :wink:

1 Like

In case anyone is wondering (I know you’re not, but I can pretend someone is), I’m 46 and quite decidedly middle-aged. It doesn’t matter how I feel. I’m middle-aged. It isn’t a mindset. It is a number. :slight_smile:

(I decided, after installing new laminate flooring in my house earlier this year, that there was no living in denial of this fact. My body seemed far less cooperative of the constant up/down/kneeling than it had been about 15 years earlier when I had previously installed laminate flooring.)

OK, I took out some of the ‘kid in us’ stuff, changed FPP a little, more time at some pavilions, added 4th FPP to Soarin and have come up with this ‘Average Walking’ speed…

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3935044

If we are feeling younger next Wednesday (mentally and physically), I think we might still try my first posted plan … :wink:

Hi again! Glad you got your pavilion times sorted and have a plan together. To my eye it looks really good - similar sort of “pack it all in” mentality as the ones we used.

This was my EPCOT for comparison:
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3859070

Note that things are likely to change on the day! A Skyliner failure meant we arrived at the “wrong” entrance 15 mins late, which meant we actually did Soarin first, then LwtL as a walk on, and spent the morning moving all of our FPPs earlier so we could eventually ride MS twice in a row (O then G), use our last FPP for TT, then Figment, and then grab one for FEA as we entered the WS.

About that - I’d recommend trying Soarin in place of TT (which you can then FPP later on) - I know it’s on the other side of the park, but it’s likely to give you better total wait times. You may even find if you rearrange FW to do that side first, you can then make it all the way around there and be able to do the WS all in one lap. You can also then start on FPPs 4+ earlier on - we made it to 6 (Seas, SSE, TT, Figment, FEA, Soarin).

I mention that as I know on an earlier iteration of our plan, I had a similar two-stage WS where we skipped Morocco and Norway and then came back to do them later. I eventually managed to eliminate the need to do that - not sure if you have it that way for a reason though? You also seem to be missing the Gran Fiesta Tour (boat ride) in Mexico - this is worth a go, especially since you seem to be doing everything else in the park, and doubly so if you like IaSW!

2 Likes

If I were you, I’d drop the second Soarin’. It adds extra walking/time for something you just did. I mean, I enjoy Soarin’ and all, but I don’t think I’d do it twice in a single trip unless I just happened to be in the area and could. (Okay, okay…truth me told, I’m just not nearly as much a fan of Soarin’ Around the World as I was of Soarin’ over California, so my interest has waned a bit…even though it is still a must do.)

I do think this plan will be more relaxing than your first version.

2 Likes

Oh…your MS:G FP has you arriving 3 minutes late. While this might not be a problem, if there is any delay in TT, you risk missing the FP altogether. Can you modify that FP with a starting time of, say, 10:00? Just to be safe?

If I knew what I knew now I would have done that but early TT FPPs were gone long ago, only 6 days to trip…

Actually the reason for sorta 2 stage WS (skipping Mexico, Norway and China) is because Chinese acrobats only perform later and also this lets us get to the first Sergio performance.

No, I wish I could have got earlier FPP for MS but with only 6 days to go no more selections in morning…

TP uses grace period of 15 min beyond 1 hr window, we may have to use that…

Otherwise we will just have to live with the line at 2nd Soarin since we would not be able to book a 4th…

Okay. Does your wait time increase significantly if you swap TT for MS:G? That would ensure you arrive in your FP window. Not sure what it does to the TT line, though.

Good idea!

Only 12 min extra TT wait time, I would have to take some Pavilion time out to make sure I make Land FPP.

As the day goes on we would have to make sure we get to use Land FPP…

But I have decided to only worry about making my Soarin FPP and go with TT before MS, which will mean extra wait time late in day on a second non-FPP soarin ride if we decide on doing it twice…

Oh, so many decisions…

I feel your pain. We usually do Epcot in two days, but our May 2020 trip, we only have one day for Epcot. Squeezing it all in is a chore, so we’re basically walking through most of WS going, “Okay. Here’s France. See the Eiffel tower? Oh! Time’s up…moving along…” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So… idk if I examined your second draft closer or if the changes you made threw off items. Here are the issues I see in this draft – 20th-6-noDel

Both MS Green & LwtL FPP are arriving late. Yes… you have a 15 minute “late” window, but you are putting yourself in a position to have to rush.

Steps

#4 - I really think you need to make Kringla Kafe at least 10 minutes. There can be a line there that close to 11am when WS opens and more people are in the area. You are also arrive 5 minutes later than you want. This will affect the rest of the day. There can be a line there that close to 11am when WS opens and more people are in the area.

#6 Italy = You are scheduled to leave before the ACT you want to see even starts

#7 American Adventure – You are schedule to arrive at Noon. This is the exact time the show starts. You may not make it.

#10 France – You will either be waiting 20+ minutes for Serveur to start & then going to see Impressions of France or watching the film and rushing to see the street show. Also, verify if he will be performing that day. Recently WDW cut back on Epoct street entertainment. I’m pretty sure he may only be out on the weekends

#12 - I don’t think they do the Lumberjack show anymore. Look like it closed in 2015.

#15 – You scheduled it at 5:30pm, but you arrive at 4:44pm

#18 – China – another show you are arriving at as it starts

#22 – You scheduled it for 60 minutes at 7:30pm and are arriving at 7:55pm. This will make you late for Fireworks

I did make a mock plan for your first steps. That order will save you 10 minutes by putt FEA first. However, you walk up & down that side of the park. If you do FEA as step 3 the queue goes up to 26 minutes. It’s “that choice” do I walk a lot of stand in queue. Up to you.

For all the ACTs you want to see. You can insert them into your plan. They are listed as “Shows and Diversions” as you scroll through the attractions. It may help you to see your arrival times to shows better that way.

Hope you found this useful and not critical. I just want to help. :smiley:

1 Like

RE: Published Plans…

I wish that the published Plans showed the ‘Walking Speed’ that was used to ‘Evaluate’ them…

And put a yellow ‘0’ dot at the start entrance…

No, it’s definitely 5 early, 15 late - TP will happily use those 15 mins if you let it and the info online is pretty consistent on this. The feedback you’ve given is really good and I wouldn’t necessarily recommend being in that last 5 minute window - but it is there.

About the lack of actual acts in the plan - that’s a result of the discussion we had here:

I agree, it might be better to have the acts listed in any case, not least because if the times change going onto the plan will then let you see this. But I see why it is the way it is.

2 Likes