Planning Thread for Real Trip in February

Today, the sad news… :cry: I won’t be “home” for the holidays!

DH says to move the trip to February. I’m trying to change the dates to January 31 - February 10. There isn’t availability at any Value Resort. Actually, there isn’t much availability at all. I will need to book for a Moderate Resort.

Is there a way to figure out what’s going on at WDW during those dates? It’s not a marathon.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you won’t be home for the holidays. Hugs :people_hugging:.

Since we will be there until February 4th I only know of Festival of the Arts.

4 Likes

Because there are no Value rooms available, I’m thinking some kind of school sporting event may be happening?

2 Likes

We might be able to meet!

1 Like

Ah, now I understand. Got it.

1 Like

Yes! Are you still going to DL in November?

1 Like

I do have plans to go to DL November 3 and 4 but I may move it a few days either way. I will firm up the dates after my September trip.

3 Likes

Hey, I saved this link a few days ago b/c of the detailed list of dates/events toward the end of the post… looks like a Cheerleader event is happening ???

The 2023 Disney World Park Passes You Need to Book NOW | the disney food blog

3 Likes

Thank you! May need to rethink the dates again!

2 Likes

I think our dates are real, February 3 - February 12, 2023! None of the value resorts are available for my date because of the cheer events probably. We have reservations for Coronado Springs (kinda outta way) for $14 more per night compared to Music during the first week in December! I was able to modify the reservations online. I would hate to be on the phone to modify my reservations… I’m suppose to buy airfare tomorrow.

Planning for 5 park days. We are primarily there for the Festival of the Arts, though Disney has yet to announce the dates.

Thoughts on my ADR wish list?
Topolino for breakfast (never been), Topolino for dinner (went in December), Homecomin’ for brunch (dreaming about those thigh high biscuits :yum:), Hollywood Brown Derby (never been), and Boathouse (I came down with the flu in 2019 and didn’t get to go. I was RDing Urgent Care while the kids went and ate lavishly on my credit card!)

Space 2020 would be cool. DH would love the decor but the reviews are so bad. Should I even try for an ADR?

I would love to go to Le Cellier and/or Coral Reef. DH has never been. Would Le Cellier be better or Yachtsman?

I don’t want an ADR everyday. It will just be DH and myself and there is so much we want to snack on besides sitting down to eat.

I haven’t bought tickets. Waiting to see about APs.

3 Likes

Coronado Springs is a lovely resort and will feel like a significant upgrade from the values, especially for only $14 more a night! I keep hoping I’ll get to stay there again on a solo trip, but it’s always such a huge price difference over the All-Stars that I can’t justify it. Three Bridges is a fabulous restaurant with a great view, and is a steal in terms of value given Disney’s usual prices. I’d make sure to put in a room request to avoid getting stuck all the way out in the Ranchos section of the resort.

6 Likes

Coronado Springs for $14 more per night than an All Star is a steal! Thank you for the room request recommendation. Three Bridges is great. Hope to get there again.

5 Likes

I’m thinking about the Wildlife Trek. I’ve read great things about it here. I just read the description and looked at some pictures of it. I am acrophobic. I’m really not sure about that rope bridge over crocodiles! Thoughts?

3 Likes

I haven’t been on it but I’ve driven past it on the Safari. It’s not that high and is secure. It depends on how bad your phobia is, but as someone who is afraid of heights (I was constantly anxious at the Grand Canyon), I would be fine doing it.

2 Likes

Yay! We will be at HS on the 3rd and our flight, so far, leaves at 2:15 pm on the 4th. Depending on when you arrive definitely possible to do a liner meet :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::grin::grin:!

2 Likes

I have problems driving on overpasses over water! I have learned to drive in the number 1 lane so I can’t see the water as I’m driving!

I did do a small part on the Grand Canyon 12 years ago. But my acrophobia has gotten worse with age. At Grand Teton last year, I held up the line on my way down a mountain. It was a bit embarrassing! :flushed:

And those crocodiles :crocodile: below the wobbly bridge…

4 Likes

Oh, no! We are still in route when you fly out.

When are you in DLR? I’ll be there probably November 3-4. I arrive late afternoon on the 2nd and fly out probably around noon on the 5th.

1 Like

I’m the same way. I wouldn’t have done a hike that had a line. :rofl:

2 Likes

The line made me more anxious!!

But you would do that rope bridge on the Trek?

1 Like

Yes I totally would. With harnesses and not being super high up, I wouldn’t be too bothered by it. Just scary enough to be fun without being traumatizing. Lol

1 Like