Planning Thread for Real Trip in February

Too bad about missing you at WDW. However, we leave DL Nov 5th, our flight is at 8:35am.

The 3rd we are at DCA but have hoppers. We have a Lamplight dinner ADR at 6:30 pm. The 4th we are at DL and no ADRs.

2 Likes

I don’t have park reservations yet because I’ve used up my allotment of park reservations for my trip to DLR in a bit over a week. I will make park reservations to match yours to increase the odds of meeting up! I will be there on my own again, so very flexible.

1 Like

@stlouie - WAT and the foot bridge is not that bad. I have horrible anxiety and phobias and it was fine. The crocs weren’t out in my tour, but I still think it would have been ok. Disney has a way of making things feel Disney. Once I got out there I wasn’t afraid. Do it!

Here is something to consider and this advice is based on personal experience. If your goal for the trip is to focus on the festival - schedule fewer ADR’s. I missed out on a lot of the festival foods due to dining at restaurants.

As @baemax said, Coronado is a lovely resort. If it’s only $14 more over a value resort - don’t pass up the opportunity.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experiences! Coronado is already booked. Tip on ADRs is much appreciated. I have heard that this festival has the best food of all the festivals!:yum: Pictures of that rope bridge during WAT do make me very hesitant and anxious. Your experience with WAT and similarities to my phobia are very reassuring. I’ll think about it more!

Is there a chicken out exit for the bridge?

1 Like

I’m not sure, but there probably is. There are two guides on the tour, so I am sure one of them can help you bypass that spot.

2 Likes

This is definitely something to ask about ahead of time. I thought I’d read that if you can’t do it there’s no way around, which seems weird.
Maybe @OBNurseNH knows.

I would be unable to do the bridge but that would be because of my vertigo. I’m not fearful of heights at all. My difficulty is in not being able to discern that my feet are on a different plane than the ground below. My brain says whoa!! This ain’t right! Hold up here!!!

And then I can’t move. :smile: it’s weird. The first time that happened to me was at the south rim of the Grand Canyon. The mind is an amazing thing.

Good luck with the bridge! :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t believe so, no.

The two guides are managing the guests going onto/across the bridge and coming off.

I really don’t think there’s an option. I feel like we were cautioned against going if we wouldn’t be comfortable during the orientation process that morning. Also, if there were a chicken exit why would there be such a strict weight limit related to the bridge?

3 Likes

Thank you for all the responses about WAT. If I’m on the bridge by myself, I think I can do it. The pictures of the bridge doesn’t look that high. The bridge is my main hang up. I think I will be okay on the hippo ledge. I don’t have to stand on the very edge there and I’m on a harness.

I will call and report back.

4 Likes

Can you climb a ladder?

1 Like

I can climb a 6’ ladder. But looking down through the netting may be too much. I dunno. See me holding up the line last year in Grand Teton! I was so paralyzed that I was inching down the mountain on that fairly wide path! The rockiness of the trail slowed me down even more.

4 Likes

I can’t get past the 3rd rung on a ladder. :blush:

On that trail I’d be much better with a cane. Otherwise, it’s hold on to the wall and walk slowly. That grossly uneven walking surface is a difficulty almost more than the ledge. If the trail surface were level it’d be better. Best would be sloping down to the rock wall.

2 Likes

The hiking poles were chillaxing at the hotel that day!

I know, right? DS had to memorialize my trauma with a picture!

That is why I’m hesitant with the WAT bridge! But I could do better with a harness and be the last one.

1 Like

You never know til you try - or have to.

Once upon a summer DH and I with DDthen14 “worked” at a guest ranch in SW Colorado. Our car was parked at the end of the road, 5 miles and a trestle crossing from the ranch.

I usually crossed that trestle with my eyes closed, squeezing DH’s arm for all it was worth and feeling with the leading foot for the next tie. I bet you were moving much more quickly on that awful “trail” than I was on the trestle. :blush:

Trestle from the train, from the video. Good times. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Be the first one and a source of inspiration. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I would have taken up permanent residence on the other side of the trestle! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I would have joined you!

1 Like

You can make it to the 3rd?? I can’t. I have to get my neighbor to change my lightbulbs.

3 Likes

Yup. 3rd rung and it all shuts down. Or used to could. :thinking:

I have a step stool that I used to be able to climb up on the first step :smile: but nowadays hips and knees make that first step a major accomplishment.

Thankfully my grandson is still living here - he just reaches stuff. Oh, clean the blades on the ceiling fan - let me stand here on the floor and barely reach and swipe, swipe, clean blades.

All the while making short jokes while I get a crick in my neck looking all the way up to the ceiling.

:joy::rofl::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

For ADRs for onsite hotel guests, is it 60 days ahead of check in plus 10 more days? So if I arrive on February 4th, the last ADR associated with that hotel stay could be February 14th?

2 Likes

That’s correct.

1 Like